+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35
FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Care

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Less Gov't wasn't an 'idea' or 'theory' by 1 person. I don't want Gov't telling me what I can eat, drink and every other facet of my life. That feeling isn't cuz of some journalist.
    So do you support taxes in general? What parts of government do you actually feel are justified? Just trying to see where you draw the line at.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris View Post
    You are one amazing person Tahoe. First off, the bible has no influence on my politics. I have been considering leaving the Catholic church for some time because 5 years ago they told everyone they should vote for a republican president because of their stance on abortions (amongst other issues like kicking kids out of catholic school because their parents are lesbians, sweeping abuse cases under the rug, not allowing priests to marry, etc). If I were to listen to my church I would not even be what you think is a disgusting liberal.

So don't tell me I use the bible to help my politics. I don't blindly follow my faith like you are apparently trying to say.

Fool is right. I simply asked a question that I hoped the resident conservative on here could answer about how some religious conservatives manage to cherry pick bible quotes on issues like abortion to back them but ignore issues like helping the poor. Instead of giving a real answer you insinuated that there weren't quotes about helping the poor. I provided them and you simply ignored the facts (shocking, I know).

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled fact ignoring...
    You brought up the bible, you used the bible to make some point about Republican hypocrisy.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Conservatives don't know what the fuck they want (as a party). They are still applauding Regan even though he oversaw a massive government expansion. Conservatives are too busy voting against their own legislation the minute Obama supports part of it.

I have no doubt you know what you want, but if you ask the average conservative they have no idea what they want. They just want what Rush or Beck happen to spout off about on a given day.

LOL...and you have Olberman quoted in your sig.
    Players meeting my ASS!

So do you support taxes in general? What parts of government do you actually feel are justified? Just trying to see where you draw the line at.
    I support taxes for our military, roads where its the feds responsibilites, etc.

I'd support more of the libs programs if the Gov't wouldn't waste about 50 cents of every dollar they take.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'd support more lic programs if the free market didn't try to blow up the world so often.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Founding Father (and radical liberal) John Adams established a mandated healthcare model for the merchant marines, way back in 1798:

Quote Originally Posted by An Act for the Relief of Sick and Disabled Seamen
    Section 1. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled - That from and after the first day of September next, the master or owner of every ship or vessel of the United States, arriving from a foreign port into any port of the United States, shall, before such ship or vessel shall be admitted to an entry, render to the collector a true account of the number of seamen, that shall have been employed on board such vessel since she was last entered at any port in the United States,-and shall pay to the said collector, at the rate of twenty cents per month for every seaman so employed; which sum he is hereby authorized to retain out of the wages of such seamen.
    Other provisions of the act called for a $100 penalty for employers who didn't pay. The text of the act itself is at:

http://history.nih.gov/research/downloads/1StatL605.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I support taxes for our military, roads where its the feds responsibilites, etc.

I'd support more of the libs programs if the Gov't wouldn't waste about 50 cents of every dollar they take.
    Do you support the govt taxing us to support the military and then telling people they can't be serve if they are gay?

And you are ripping the libs for wasting money? That's pretty sad considering Bush wasted trillions in the middle east fighting his made up wars. But I'm sure you will ignore this because I brought up Bush again.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    LOL...and you have Olberman quoted in your sig.

You laugh it off yet repubs are sending death threats to people who voted for some of the same health care items their own congressmen supported recently.

The difference is that my sig is a joke (I don't pretend that the GOP would go without air). Yet Rush and Beck slappies actually take their words as fact.

You laugh it off yet repubs are sending death threats to people who voted for some of the same health care items their own congressmen supported recently.

The difference is that my sig is a joke (I don't pretend that the GOP would go without air). Yet Rush and Beck slappies actually take their words as fact.
    First the bible now you use death threats to for political purposes.

Death threats should be dealt with harshly. They shouldn't come into politics for political gain.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread