FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Care

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    Mxy pwns.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    Mxy pwns the last couple pages.
    This is the other thing that happened over the last few years. Someone would post some opinion and all you libs would just pile on with "Mxy Owns" or " This or that poster owns" to try to help make y'alls "OPINION" correct.

Sorry man, doesn't work. But keep trying.
    Players meeting my ASS!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    My post was not a reflection of who's opinion I thought was correct, it was about who was bringing valid discussion with substance to the conversation.

^ more peeps opinion supporting other peeps opinion who have the same opinion. Doesn't make it correct.

Numbers don't mean shit.
    Players meeting my ASS!

The Henry Ford of Heart Surgery

A picture here is worth a thousand words.

And coming soon an hour's plane ride from florida:

Then there are the Cayman Islands, where he plans to build and run a 2,000-bed general hospital an hour's plane ride from Miami. Procedures, both elective and necessary, will be priced at least 50% lower than what they cost in the U.S., says Dr. Shetty, who hopes to draw Americans who are uninsured or need surgery their plans don't cover.

By next year, six million Americans are expected to travel to other countries in search of affordable medical care, up from the 750,000 who did so in 2007, according to a report by Deloitte LLP. A handful of U.S. insurance plans now give people the choice to be treated in other countries.
    So to throw in a quasi-personal anecdote. A while back I was researching total knee replacement surgery for a family member. Apparently the process of taking your knee apart and putting it together again with artificial parts is an enormously complex and lengthy undertaking. I came across a 2003 government report from the National Institute of Health that had this gem of a quote:

One of the clearest associations with better outcomes appears to be the procedure volume of the individual surgeon and the procedure volume of the hospital. Medicare data indicate that the highest complication rate is observed among surgeons who perform 12 or fewer operations per year, and complication rates decrease as the number of operations performed each year increases. Similarly, complication rates are highest in hospitals that perform less than 25 operations per year, and rates fall with increases in numbers of operations performed.
    With that rattling around in my head, the article really struck a chord.

No offense Tahoe but Mxy's posts have a lot of worthwhile info in 'em.

And considering I know nothing about your country's health care system (it's user-pays, correct? No government help at all?) it was interesting to read
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

^ Its amazing how 12-1 or something makes peeps think posts by them are facts.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Coherence tends to help.
    STEW BEEF!

^ gobble up the bullshit.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Keep posting incoherence.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread