+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iversons calls pistons liars

iversons calls pistons liars

Allen Iverson's business manager, Gary Moore, claims that the Pistons assured the guard a leadership role when they traded for him last November.

Obviously, that's not how things played out in Detroit. His new teammates were upset that management traded longtime point guard Chauncey Billups.

"Allen couldn't do anything about that," Moore told the Memphis Commercial Appeal. "When you lie to him, that affects him."

Moore added that Iverson sat down face-to-face with the Grizzlies before signing with the team.

"They were up front with him," Moore said. "When he sat down and met with them eye-to-eye, he said, 'I was just lied to, and it almost destroyed my career. What do you guys want from me? If you want me to just come here and sell tickets, you've got the wrong guy. If I come here, I want to win.' "

I still think Joe could have told him that but Rip would have NONE of it. Rip had a LOT to do with AI's lack of success here, imo. AI had a lot to do with it too, but just sayin.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Boo-Hoo.

What a whiny bitch. A cancer, a midget two-guard, a thug.

Glad he's gone.

Can't wait for him to put up 22pts/5ast/2rb/3to/3stls/10 inappropraite defensive gambles on 41% shooting for the Memphis Shit-Hooks.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I still think Joe could have told him that but Rip would have NONE of it. Rip had a LOT to do with AI's lack of success here, imo. AI had a lot to do with it too, but just sayin.
    If Rip would have NONE of it, how did Rip end up coming off the bench? How the fuck does Rip have a lot to do with AI's performance on the court when Rip wasn't playing? AI was blowing uncontested layups with Rip off the court.

I think AI's camp is talking bullshit. I don't think anyone had to "assure" him a leadership role. "assure" implies some sort of doubt... where was the doubt? To some extent, leadership has to be earned, not just given, but it's bullshit to think that AI would have anything other than great respect and opportunity. He blew it.

I think this is reminiscent of AI's 2004 season, after we snarfed LB from the Sixers and he had a rookie coach. He caused strife, played like shit, and called it off with dubious injuries.

leadership role doesn't mean he's starting. Dyess was a leader off the bench. Manu is a leader off the bench. Battier is a leader off the bench too.

If he wasn't in a leadership role he has himself to blame. If he wants to bitch about the way the offense was ran, fine. But leaders happen in leading by example. You can't be appointed leader.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The Pistons are liars, it's well documented. Dude still shouldn't have quit.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Okay, now this thread is interesting.

*waiting*
    Find a new slant.

Even if everything he claims is true, AI is still a bunch of punks for bailing on the season.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    leadership? From him? He led by example. Missing practice, bitching about minutes, complaining about scoring, complaining about his legacy being tarnished by not getting a chance to score, gambling on the court too much and telling people its hustle & heart, and playing no defense. We followed his quiet leadership to the grave.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread