+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will someone explain Notre Dame to me?

Will someone explain Notre Dame to me?

First of all, I'm not a Notre Dame hater. If it weren't for MSU, Notre Dame would be my school (despite my hatred for Weis). But I just don't get ND and I'd love for somebody to clear it up.

For those that followed them last year, they were 1 play from being a 5 win team. If you watched the Navy game, they were a play from beating ND and that would have kept ND out of the bowl. They win however and then get a gimmee bowl game against a joke Hawaii team (now that their spread guru is gone).

So how on Earth does a near 5 win team all of a sudden become some power in the media this year? I get that they return 11 starters on offense and something has to be said for returnees. But that takes them from being a near 5 win team to a National Title contender. I believe they are a good team because of the returning guys and other teams losing people. But National Title contender? I'm callin' BS, the media loves to love ole Notre Dame.

Downplaying Big Brother's opponent?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    ^I was hoping that I wouldn't be the only one to see through that weak attempt.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    But to be fair, ND is certainly no CMU.
    Find a new slant.

Though Jimmy Clausen is a local boy, I'm not a big fan of his. There's lots of air beneath his passes and his accuracy isn't all that great (though it is "good"). Keep in mind ND brings in a lot of media revenue, and hyping them maintains their high sell value for national advertising. If they remain in the top 25, they should be a cash cow for ESPN and ABC.

Blog Entries
    But still not on CMU's level.
    Find a new slant.

State has to play them next, it's not like Baker is trying to pull something here.

Calling them a contender for anything is stupid, I haven't seen that myself, but whoever said as much is praying for a national NCAA story to come from the rust belt. LOL @ them beating SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Downplaying Big Brother's opponent?
    Classic. Setting up an "angle" in case U-M gets the big win. Seen and heard it for 20+ years. Still going....and going...and going....

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Jimmy Clausen was money today. He took advantage of his receivers size and abilities. They had a couple KEY drops. Floyd then gets hurt and they stick a true freshman in there to catch passes in a huge game at crunch time. There running back can't decide whether to gain ten or twenty yards when he gets the call, then gets injured.

UM took this game from them while having their own problems. No Junior Hemmingway. Stonum gets hurt late. Brandon Minor is only about 85% healthy and playing as much as he did today may have set him back.

This was a whacky, classic game and it just happened that UM had the ball last.

The last person to second guess or blame here, though, is Jimmy Clausen.

And Baker, if MSU goes to South Bend and pummels Notre Dame, then you can call BS on the media giving so much love to ND. However, if the Irish wax MSU--the New Power of the Universe--well, your spin will look even more feeble than the feeble minded shit it is.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker
    I'm callin' BS, the media loves to love ole Notre Dame.
    Wow, you answered your own question.

+ Reply to Thread