View Poll Results: What the fuck just happened?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • "You are kind of a self-hating white person, you know."

1 7.69%
  • "I think you are a self-hating white person, but I really don't see anything wrong with that."

1 7.69%
  • "See, what happened is you had a run-in with a flat out fucking racist."

5 38.46%
  • "You should have started some shit with that guy. Why didn't you call him out?"

3 23.08%
  • "You need to talk to the people who hosted this party, ask them 'what's up with your boy?'"

0 0%
  • Something else (post in thread)

3 23.08%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Need consensus advice

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Oh noes! Sometimes white guys on tv are dumb! Can't wait for the antisemitism laced reply.
    Sorry, should have added option #7 "Making fun of white people is one tentacle of the worldwide Jewish conspiracy."

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    theres nothing wrong with saying 'alot of colored people annoy me'. i dont know if 'colored' is the most pc word choice, but poor word choice doesnt make you racist.
    I couldn't disagree more. As soon as you open your mouth to paint blacks with a broad brush, you're on thin ice. Oh, it's a negative one too? The ice is cracking. And you reached back to the 60s to drop "colored" on it just in case someone missed the subtext? Somebody call the coast guard, man fell through the ice.

It's offensive. You may not know it's offensive or intend it as such but it is. Word choice doesn't make you racist but it absolutely can make a given statement racist/offensive.

i disagree because he wasnt painting anyone with a broad brush, it was actually big swami that was doing the painting.

he merely stated that some people who werent white annoyed him. alot of [pc word for color] annoy me as well. there are white people who annoy me as well. i doubt this isnt true for anyone.

swami was just joking so i wouldnt really hold this against him, but this is a pet peeve of mine. you dont owe anyone an apology for who you are. white people do alot of annoying things? as opposed to some other group who doesnt? white people like the wire? i've never heard anyone say one bad thing about the show, and i know that its very popular in the nba, a predominantly black association.

i dont mean to be a dick here, swami asked for our opinions, and this is something i actually have an opinion on. if i was at the party listening to swami say this stuff, i probably would have quietly stewed during the conversation, and quietly approved of the guy saying what he said.

It's kind of funny that a site started by a white guy becomes a license for some guy to spout off about how annoying the coloreds are.

Quote Originally Posted by El CHUPACABRA
    Who fucking cares.

Where's that option?
    Thanks for reading a thread you had no interest in, and then posting in it.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    i disagree because he wasnt painting anyone with a broad brush, it was actually big swami that was doing the painting.

he merely stated that some people who werent white annoyed him. alot of [pc word for color] annoy me as well. there are white people who annoy me as well. i doubt this isnt true for anyone.

swami was just joking so i wouldnt really hold this against him, but this is a pet peeve of mine. you dont owe anyone an apology for who you are. white people do alot of annoying things? as opposed to some other group who doesnt? white people like the wire? i've never heard anyone say one bad thing about the show, and i know that its very popular in the nba, a predominantly black association.

i dont mean to be a dick here, swami asked for our opinions, and this is something i actually have an opinion on. if i was at the party listening to swami say this stuff, i probably would have quietly stewed during the conversation, and quietly approved of the guy saying what he said.
    This is a post I appreciate.

I guess I've always assumed that if you're white, and I'm white, and everyone at the party is white, then we can joke about some white people shit. If I'm not white, and I'm cracking on white people, then that would definitely be uncomfortable.

Likewise, I expect when black people get together, they might joke self-consciously about some black people shit. In fact, this has happened at parties I've been at where most of the people there were black. I suspect it might also be true if you're Mexican or Indian or Canadian.

So the lesson I'm taking away from this incident is: stop hanging out at parties with nothing but white people. Not really.

Jeezus Swam, you need to get out more.
    Players meeting my ASS!

The way I see the world is that most people are stupid, most people are rascist, and most people annoy me. It doesn't matter the color of their skin.

And what he said was racist, but I think everyone took the correct road by ignoring it. People are set in their ways, and having a discussion/argument about their beliefs is generally a bad idea. Unless both people have an open mind, things will get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    Thanks for reading a thread you had no interest in, and then posting in it.
    It's what WTFDetroiters do, bro.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    So I was talking to a neighbor of mine yesterday. I don't like him too much, he tries to tell me what to do with my yard which is beyond annoying. He tells me I should finish fencing in my yard (there is no fence between the house and detached garage, about 20 feet). I'm just like yeah, thought about it but don't really like how it would affect things. Then he says well, we're fine right now, but if any blacks or Mexicans start moving in to our neighborhood, they'll just wait til you're at work then come play in your yard.

+ Reply to Thread