+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OGT: MSU vs. some community college team or something (9/5/09)

Threaded View

Yea, that was the one at the 1:29 mark. Showed good arm strength and the vision to throw it to his outside shoulder to avoid the safety coming over. They are a very good team when the qbs are playing this way, they need the running game to improve in order to be great.

With the looks of Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and the fact that MSU doesn't play OSU...I like our chances in the BT race.

Central Michigan next, and then Western Michigan late in the season????

LMFAO.

Obviously, Baker goes by the Phil Steele SoS equation to bolster his own self-confidence.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2009/08/p...dule-rankings/

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    Central Michigan next, and then Western Michigan late in the season????

LMFAO.

Obviously, Baker goes by the Phil Steele SoS equation to bolster his own self-confidence.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2009/08/p...dule-rankings/
    I don't get it. You are making fun of their non-conference, but then posting info contradicting it showing MSU as #10 SOS? Michigan is BACK supposably according to their win over Western so that is apparantly no joke. Central is obviously a good team. Then ranked ND. What is wrong with that? Two of the best MAC teams and Notre Dame. Doesn't sound all bad to me. State also just signed a deal with Bama I believe. Who does Michigan play instead of CMU?

Just looked it up, Michigan plays bottom of the barrel Eastern instead of Central. I really don't see your point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker
    Just looked it up, Michigan plays bottom of the barrel Eastern instead of Central. I really don't see your point at all.
    The Big 10 is weak this year, and loading up on a boatload of cupcakes doesn't help matters.

Penn State looked like shit. Iowa looked like shit. Ohio State looked like shit. If you want respect, you have to man up (cowboy up?) and play the toughies early on. If you win, you crack the top 25. Then, with an easy schedule (ooohhhhhh, MAC is scaaaaarrrrry), you nudge up to top 20, which places you in a great position for a major bowl.

And that SoS listing was garbage. Read the comments beneath it and most of the backlash is ABOUT MSU at #10.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    The Big 10 is weak this year, and loading up on a boatload of cupcakes doesn't help matters.

Penn State looked like shit. Iowa looked like shit. Ohio State looked like shit. If you want respect, you have to man up (cowboy up?) and play the toughies early on. If you win, you crack the top 25. Then, with an easy schedule (ooohhhhhh, MAC is scaaaaarrrrry), you nudge up to top 20, which places you in a great position for a major bowl.

And that SoS listing was garbage. Read the comments beneath it and most of the backlash is ABOUT MSU at #10.
    Scheduling Notre Dame is more than most do. Look at Florida. Sure they play in the SEC, but they haven't played a game outside of their state in the non-conference in a DECADE! Until we have a playoff that allows teams a loss or two...you won't see crazy scheduling

+ Reply to Thread