+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disney Acquires Marvel

Disney Acquires Marvel

Disney Acquires Marvel for $4 Billion

LOS ANGELES — The Walt Disney Co. is buying Marvel Entertainment Inc. for $4 billion in cash and stock, bringing such characters as Iron Man and Spider-Man into the family of Mickey Mouse and WALL-E.

Under the deal, which was announced Monday and is expected to close by the end of the year, Disney will acquire the rights to 5,000 Marvel characters. Many of them, including the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, were co-created by the comic book legend Stan Lee.

Disney CEO Robert Iger said Marvel's comic books, TV shows, movies and video games amounted to "a treasure trove of content." Iger said the deal would bring benefits like the ones Disney got from buying "Toy Story" creator Pixar Animation Studios Inc. for $7.4 billion in stock in 2006.
    It's a disney world.

Blog Entries
    I don't understand how this article can get away with putting WALL-E in the same sentence as Mickey Mouse.

I thought most kids would hate Wall-E because the message of the film was somewhat somber.

I've gotta admit, I...don't see the reason for this acquisition. Maybe we can get some kind of fighting game mishmash out of it. Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Disney-Pixar vs. Square-Enix vs. Aliens vs. Predator?

WALL-E is a sweet movie. Probably one of the best Disney movies I've ever seen. It's almost on the same level as the Mighty Ducks Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    What I also don't understand is that the 'Spiderman' cartoon show has been on Disney Channel XD for at least the year or so.

So this could've been just a formality of something that happened awhile ago.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oobir
    I've gotta admit, I...don't see the reason for this acquisition. Maybe we can get some kind of fighting game mishmash out of it. Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Disney-Pixar vs. Square-Enix vs. Aliens vs. Predator?
    I'd buy that just to beat the shit out of Mickey over and over again.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Company that produces childish bullshit buys another company that produces childish bullshit. /!\ Someone alert Drudge!

I happen to enjoy childish bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I happen to enjoy childish bullshit.
    Cosigned.

+ Reply to Thread