+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: the slime is bubbling

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    At this point, I don`t know who the bigger homo is, you or ledezma.
    At what point?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    If Michigan was gunning for a title every year, the players wouldn't be bitching.

If this was WMU, the media wouldn't be bitching.

I'm curious to see if this ever happened at WVa. Nothing yet from Pat White.
    Anyone remember the document shredding before he left WVU?

Funny how Glan was all over a 13 year old story about Mateen and three hundred bucks, but this national headline is okay with him.
    Last edited by Baker; 08-31-2009 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I want a head coach that pushes right up to the boundaries of what's allowed and what isn't, and until there is a reprimant of some sort, than this is nothing more than wishful thinking by our resident little brothers.

I almost think they'd rather have this be true and major infraction than have their own team legitimize itself someday.

Classic example of the insecurities popping up again. Defend the gun toting a-hole that shoots himself in the leg, but jump all over a strength coach that is driven by a goal of excellence.

I'll go to war with BARWIS on my team anyday.
    Your Scandal U finds itself once again headlining Sportscenter for cheating and we have insecurities. I say you have the insecurity...you can't help but bring MSU into the conversation. What the fuck does MSU have to do with one of your programs cheating AGAIN? I guess all of the sports world is just jealous of Meeeeichigan and that is why this is a national story right? Arrogant and pathetic.

Your own players, former players, and parents are calling out their coach for forcing players to put in 3 times the limit in hours and you are spinning away of course. Tell me this, if one team is allowed to practice for 3 hours and the other practices for 9...who is going to improve more and who will be more prepared? What is noted as the biggest advantage of making a bowl? Extra practice time. It is huge. If we were talking an hour, fine...but 12 hours on a Sunday!? How do you think Western feels about getting 1/3 the preparation time as Michigan for Saturday?

You are defending cheating, says a lot about your character.
    Last edited by Baker; 08-31-2009 at 12:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    I think I'll let the NCAA decide rather than you.

Worked out okay for O$U.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker
    Your Scandal U finds itself once again headlining Sportscenter for cheating and we have insecurities. I say you have the insecurity...you can't help but bring MSU into the conversation. What the fuck does MSU have to do with one of your programs cheating AGAIN? I guess all of the sports world is just jealous of Meeeeichigan and that is why this is a national story right? Arrogant and pathetic.

Your own players, former players, and parents are calling out their coach for forcing players to put in 3 times the limit in hours and you are spinning away of course. Tell me this, if one team is allowed to practice for 3 hours and the other practices for 9...who is going to improve more and who will be more prepared? What is noted as the biggest advantage of making a bowl? Extra practice time. It is huge. If we were talking an hour, fine...but 12 hours on a Sunday!? How do you think Western feels about getting 1/3 the preparation time as Michigan for Saturday?

You are defending cheating, says a lot about your character.
    Can someone please tell me which current players and parents are calling out Coach Rod? The FREEP talked to 2 true freshmen a WEEK ago at Media Day and they said the exact same thing as Andrew Maxwell in regards to a question about practice. Am I missing something in regards to what is being said?

If this is proved to be true, I think it shows how the players feel about Rodriguez right now. You know this shit happens at EVERY school, but it's only reported when your coach is a jackass.

However, I've lost all respect for the NCAA and it's rules committee. If you punish Michigan for this and make them lose scholarships, you better punish USC for it's Reggie Bush fiasco. You better punish Ohio State for it's Maurice Clarrett fiasco. You better punish every other school that committs any type of violation. Unfortunately, the NCAA won't punish anyone that deserves it. It is such a poorly run organization that it's losing the last bit of respect that it had left.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    The NCAA isn't even going to investigate this. So a few kids complain because they didn't get the 'Lloyd Carr' treatment and actually had to work hard each day, it's called discipline.

LOL @ the Free Press for trying to make this a big deal. Reggie Bush got the VIP treatment at USC and got to keep his heisman and Nat'l Championships, so why the hell would anybody think anything would come from this other than a simple slap on the wrist?

Free Press = Epic Fail

Six days from now, there will be no story (if not sooner).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    Can someone please tell me which current players and parents are calling out Coach Rod? The FREEP talked to 2 true freshmen a WEEK ago at Media Day and they said the exact same thing as Andrew Maxwell in regards to a question about practice. Am I missing something in regards to what is being said?
    I saw Toney Clemons who transferred to Colorado spoke out about it. But he said it wasn't mandatory (which would be the violation).

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    It wasn't just two freshmen, the players didn't want to be identified for obvious reasons. Here is a quote:

Numerous players on the 2008 and 2009 teams said the program far exceeded limits intended to protect athletes from coaching excesses and to ensure fair competition.

Two players called Michigan’s off-season requirements “ridiculous.” The players described the coaches’ expectations as an ongoing concern among many teammates. Parents of several players agreed.

The players and parents agreed to talk only if they were not identified because they said they feared repercussions from the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    The NCAA isn't even going to investigate this. So a few kids complain because they didn't get the 'Lloyd Carr' treatment and actually had to work hard each day, it's called discipline.

LOL @ the Free Press for trying to make this a big deal. Reggie Bush got the VIP treatment at USC and got to keep his heisman and Nat'l Championships, so why the hell would anybody think anything would come from this other than a simple slap on the wrist?

Free Press = Epic Fail

Six days from now, there will be no story (if not sooner).
    Epic DENIAL. One was a starter last year, one is a current starter. I think these guys are pretty happy with playing time, etc. You are laughing at the FREEP which I normally would agree with, but then you have to laugh at ESPN, Ann Arbor News, etc. etc. This is all over. Keep living in your dream world where Michigan does nothing wrong and they are perfect, I know its easier that way.

+ Reply to Thread