+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: the slime is bubbling

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker
    "Pride Comes Before the Fall"
    Whoops, nevermind. I guess this means the argument is over Baker won.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    This is just the Freep trying to throw some spice into the upcoming season. Every major program has a breaking story of 'NCAA violations' all of which are one-day nonsense (Ohio St w/ Clarett, USC w/ Bush, Tenn w/ Kiffin). One week from now, nobody will give a shit (that is, if they do not already).
    Dude, you've got several players on the current team and parents of players on the current team talking to reporters about violations their coach is making-you've got serious issues. Forget possible sanctions, etc. If players on the team are talking to reporters about infractions that will hurt their team, things are not good. Chemistry is so important and they obviously aren't all on the same page. 10 freaking hours on Sundays after a Saturday game?! No wonder there are issues, when NFL players are calling the program over the top...something is wrong.

Keep spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    Whoops, nevermind. I guess this means the argument is over Baker won.
    There is no argument. Your own players are calling out their coach in the media. Whoa. What is there to argue about? Are you going to argue against your own players who are dealing with it first hand?

Blog Entries
    At the very least a detailed list of clean spot checks will assuage the NCAA if they choose to investigate. "Failure to monitor" can't be alleged when there is monitoring. This is a major reason big schools report a lot of minor violations and escape the NCAA hammer: they pay attention and back it up with documents. Meanwhile, the accusations leveled are anonymous, unverified, and vague. It takes a huge leap to go from this article to even the tiny wrist-slap SEMO received.

The Free Press says the NCAA's reaction is "impossible to predict," but I'll predict: it'll be slightly more strenuous than their reaction to the NCAA's reaction the Ann Arbor News academics story. Since their reaction to that story was to ignore it, that only implies a cursory look through the books.
    Non-issue. This is just another poorly written article trying to stir up drama. Similar to how the left tried to make 'Trooper Gate' an issue for Sarah Palin, when there was really nothing to report...

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker
    There is no argument. Your own players are calling out their coach in the media. Whoa. What is there to argue about? Are you going to argue against your own players who are dealing with it first hand?
    Not a big deal, but the two players that the FREEP talked to were true freshmen that were discussing how the season is going so far and how much fun they were having in practice.

If Michigan was gunning for a title every year, the players wouldn't be bitching.

If this was WMU, the media wouldn't be bitching.

I'm curious to see if this ever happened at WVa. Nothing yet from Pat White.

Blog Entries
    I want a head coach that pushes right up to the boundaries of what's allowed and what isn't, and until there is a reprimant of some sort, than this is nothing more than wishful thinking by our resident little brothers.

I almost think they'd rather have this be true and major infraction than have their own team legitimize itself someday.

Classic example of the insecurities popping up again. Defend the gun toting a-hole that shoots himself in the leg, but jump all over a strength coach that is driven by a goal of excellence.

I'll go to war with BARWIS on my team anyday.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I want a head coach that pushes right up to the boundaries of what's allowed and what isn't, and until there is a reprimant of some sort, than this is nothing more than wishful thinking by our resident little brothers.

I almost think they'd rather have this be true and major infraction than have their own team legitimize itself someday.

Classic example of the insecurities popping up again. Defend the gun toting a-hole that shoots himself in the leg, but jump all over a strength coach that is driven by a goal of excellence.

I'll go to war with BARWIS on my team anyday.
    At this point, I don`t know who the bigger homo is, you or ledezma.
    www.university.com

Blog Entries
    I really want to hate you, but I just can't.

Love you, man.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    At this point, I don`t know who the bigger homo is, you or ledezma.
    Even your own gaydar fails you sometimes?

+ Reply to Thread