+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ the Dems

The public private thing is also why I wasn't overjoyed to see the way Barry did the whole GM thing. Union's go theirs but Barry paid the investors, bond holders or something, pennies on the dollars.

But hey, take our tax dollars and spend it to make sure you get re-elected Barry.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Their pay is from I've read and heard/seen on the tube. I'm sure you can dig up a link that says otherwise and then we could have a link war. No thanks.
    It's hard to tell because many public sector jobs don't really have private sector equivalents. But the state-employed attorneys, accountants, IT people, etc. make a lot less than their private sector counterparts. And some of that stuff needs to be kept inhouse. Outsourcing it can be really pricey, especially if you don't retain some the core clueful expertise inhouse.

The sad part is private sector workers have gone so battered-wife-syndrome that they will rally and agitate for someone else to get pulled down before they'll organize to lift themselves up.

We are ready and able to work if we could rid ourselves of Liberal policies.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Ready to work as a completely disposable commodity with no bargaining power as to your working conditions, pay, benefits, hours, job security.

I'm doing just fine, thank you. Let the free markets dictate.
    Players meeting my ASS!

That Hard Working Peeps(tm)(Tahoe) are mere commodities to be consumed by the enlightened masters of capital is precisely what the markets dictate.

Isn't everything workers produce a product thats peeps have choices on?
    Players meeting my ASS!

When you are wearing your consumer hat, sure, you can choose any product you want. When you are wearing your worker hat, the product you sell is your labor and for most Hard Working Peeps there are very few options as to who they can sell that product to or what the terms of that sale will be.

The owners of capital on the other hand have a wide array of choices. They can shop the region, the country, even the globe for the labor they want on the terms they want.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell View Post
    When you are wearing your consumer hat, sure, you can choose any product you want. When you are wearing your worker hat, the product you sell is your labor and for most Hard Working Peeps there are very few options as to who they can sell that product to or what the terms of that sale will be.

The owners of capital on the other hand have a wide array of choices. They can shop the region, the country, even the globe for the labor they want on the terms they want.
    I like Supply Demand. Unfortunately, the only demand in my work right now are remodels and a addition here and there. But I'll survive with no help from taxpayers or Barry.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread