+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ the Dems

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    And if their pay were comparable to private sector peeps, that'd make sense. With many types of guv'mint jobs, the base pay is less, but overall compensation is offset somewhat by better bennies. That's how you sell some clueful people to settle for less overall compensation and career advancement. I think I posted about this on WTF before we lost months of posts.
    Their pay is from I've read and heard/seen on the tube. I'm sure you can dig up a link that says otherwise and then we could have a link war. No thanks.

These union babies, or they act like 2nd graders anyway, are in a tizzy cuz private sector peeps want them to pay for their retirements and hc. Actually, as I said, a smaller portion than private sector peeps pay.

They act like they are on the low end of the wage scale and they are not. They are living better than lots of private sector peeps. They need to pay their own way and quit being fucking babies about it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Their pay is from I've read and heard/seen on the tube. I'm sure you can dig up a link that says otherwise and then we could have a link war. No thanks.
    It's hard to tell because many public sector jobs don't really have private sector equivalents. But the state-employed attorneys, accountants, IT people, etc. make a lot less than their private sector counterparts. And some of that stuff needs to be kept inhouse. Outsourcing it can be really pricey, especially if you don't retain some the core clueful expertise inhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    And if their pay were comparable to private sector peeps, that'd make sense. With many types of guv'mint jobs, the base pay is less, but overall compensation is offset somewhat by better bennies. That's how you sell some clueful people to settle for less overall compensation and career advancement. I think I posted about this on WTF before we lost months of posts.
    Along those lines, an analysis of pay in the state of Wisconsin broken down by level of education:

Please add "public" before every place I said unions.
    Hmm. I don't think I've ever meaningfully distinguished between public and private unions. What makes one virtuous and one immoral?
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Hmm. I don't think I've ever meaningfully distinguished between public and private unions. What makes one virtuous and one immoral?
    One is basically tax dollars and the other isn't. at least afaict.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Wisconsin...we can now see how the Unions babies act when they are asked to contribute LESS than what private sector peeps have to pay for their retirements and hc.

Unions are seriously an evil force in this country. Nothing but leeches on taxpayers money.

Please add "public" before every place I said unions.
    Or... maybe Wisconsin's republican governor manufactured a crisis as a pretext for union busting. It wouldn't be the first time republicans have gone backdoor against unions.

Walker gins up ‘crisis’ to reward cronies

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell View Post
    Or... maybe Wisconsin's republican governor manufactured a crisis as a pretext for union busting. It wouldn't be the first time republicans have gone backdoor against unions.

Walker gins up ‘crisis’ to reward cronies
    I heard most of that and look forward to the Gov's response.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I took the UAW out of it to make sure all you Detroit Pro Union cats still love me. aintgonnahelp
    Players meeting my ASS!

Yes, that's what makes them private and public. What I'm asking is why is a public union immoral and private one not (which I think you've already answered with, "they are both immoral I just didn't include private unions because you guys are from Detroit").
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread