+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Madden 2010

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Madden 2010

Anybody grabbed it yet? been trying it out, and while its still flawed, its feels alot smoother to play. Ratings are a lil screwy and its better to see specific ratings rather than overall ratings.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    I think it's decent (for 360). For some reason I thought the graphics were better on the college game than in Madden.

The achievements are stupid though, as many of them you have to obtain through dumb luck.

The ratings seem bugged this year. Avril should be better than a 71, Raiola is better than an 80, and Kevin Smith should be rated higher. But I'm just nitpicking...

The ratings are very different, everyone in the game was lowered so that they could stretch the difference between the studs and the average.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11
    The ratings are very different, everyone in the game was lowered so that they could stretch the difference between the studs and the average.
    Which takes all the fun out of being the Lions. Before I got the roster patch, I cut Shaun Smith from the Browns and added him to the Lions, he suddenly became the teams highest rated Defensive Lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma

The ratings seem bugged this year. Avril should be better than a 71, Raiola is better than an 80, and Kevin Smith should be rated higher. But I'm just nitpicking...
    overall ratings mean nothing, 71 doesnt mean bum like it used to. You have to see what your players are good at (Gereard warren of the raiders is a gret pass rusher mostly, and only 68 overall).

Ratings weren't lowered as much as the value of overall ratings were. Now qb's are measured in accuracy based on distance, so that accurate short passers can't throw perfect passes down field unless they have a high enough deep pass rating to do so.

The way the game is built now is with better parody. So people dont have to pick the best teams to beat anybody. They just have to know the strength and weaknesses of their players and the the other teams players.
    ^

Blog Entries
    I intended on picking this up months ago, but since then I've decided that I'm pretty much done gaming, so I haven't checked it out.

I had "decided" that too, but eventually got too bored and got too good of a deal on a PS3 to pass up.

I'm old fashioned. I liked football games where the emphasis was actually playing football. Not building stadiums and charging virtual fans too much for hot dogs and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I'm old fashioned. I liked football games where the emphasis was actually playing football. Not building stadiums and charging virtual fans too much for hot dogs and beer.
    [fake Kstat response/rant goes here]

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Yea, well Madden is about football. It never forces you to do the extra stuff. Its a solid game this year.
    ^

+ Reply to Thread