+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: nba 2k10

nba 2k10

http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blogs...opslot;title;1

the last part is especially true

In a strange way the NBA 2K series has become a victim of its own success. With EA Sports' NBA Live series lagging behind for the better part of a decade, NBA 2K's worst enemy hasn't necessarily been the competition--though that might change this year--but, rather, itself. Why buy NBA 2K9, after all, when NBA 2K8 or NBA 2K7 were so good? As if to answer that question for the series' tenth anniversary, the team at 2K is concentrating not just on what's new in the game, but also on going back and reexamining what's made the game so great for so long and trying to make it even better. Look for much more NBA 2K10 coverage in the coming weeks.

Blog Entries
    I thought 2K8 was a much, much better game than 2K9.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    I thought 2K8 was a much, much better game than 2K9.
    no it wasn't. It was an arcade game compared to 2k9. Also wtf, is 2k ever gonna fix that "run out" glitch where somebody can run down to the other basket on every missed shot as soon as you release the ball and your team is too dumb to react.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

2k is all about 5-on-5 gameplay now. Thats where basketball gaming is headed.

I'd expect most of the fixes to be to 5-on-5, including the ridiculous "99 standing dunk," which allows even mediocre big men to drop 30-40 points, and the ability for post moves to work 25 feet from the basket.

EA stole away 2K's main developer, so supposedly 2K will have competition this year.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-09-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    2k is all about 5-on-5 gameplay now. Thats where basketball gaming is headed.

EA stole away 2K's main developer, so supposedly 2K will have competition this year.

Good. There are so many things I hated about 2k, but its the best game out there so you have to get it.

NBA 2k pet peeves

1. I hate the beforementioned "fast break" on every missed shot
    2. Kobe got 81 in one game, ONCE. No reason to have the average PPG of Lebron James in online games be 54.6 PPG or around that number.
    3. The "stealing the inbounds pass" defense. Most annoying thing ever.
    4. The guy who's shot chart after the game lists every shot as either a 3 pointer or a dunk.
    5. If a player makes 2 three pointers in a row, there is a 0 percent chance that next three is going in.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo
    Good. There are so many things I hated about 2k, but its the best game out there so you have to get it.

NBA 2k pet peeves

1. I hate the beforementioned "fast break" on every missed shot
    2. Kobe got 81 in one game, ONCE. No reason to have the average PPG of Lebron James in online games be 54.6 PPG or around that number.
    3. The "stealing the inbounds pass" defense. Most annoying thing ever.
    4. The guy who's shot chart after the game lists every shot as either a 3 pointer or a dunk.
    5. If a player makes 2 three pointers in a row, there is a 0 percent chance that next three is going in.
    and also, if youre throwing the ball inbound from the hoop youre scoring on, unless it's to the point guard, the pass usually ends up at the otherside of the hoop.

im excited to see more spacing though

XBOX360 gamertag DrooNuts if anyone ever wants to play a game.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Blog Entries
    Do you have a headset? If so, can you let Gina use it when we play?

Dare I mention virtual Gatorade, or will that get me in trouble with Kstat again?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I only wish Gina was next to me as I play....

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

+ Reply to Thread