+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NBA (Aug. 2009)

Around the NBA (Aug. 2009)

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Tyler Hansbrough(notes) could miss up to two months with a right shin injury, but the Indiana Pacers believe their first-round draft pick will be healthy enough for the start of the season.

The Pacers did not provide details of the injury Friday other than to say the 6-foot-9 forward is expected to miss six to eight weeks ahead of the season. The NBA regular season begins Oct. 27.

Indiana said Hansbrough hurt the shin last season, his final year at North Carolina.
    For some reason, I just dont like him...

Williams wasn’t alone on the waivers list, as the following players were waived Friday, according to a league source: Milwaukee Bucks forward Bruce Bowen(notes) and guard Salim Stoudemire, Boston Celtics guard Gabe Pruitt(notes), Los Angeles Lakers forward Sun Yue(notes) and Los Angeles Clippers guard Mike Taylor(notes). Bowen is contemplating retirement but could also have interest from Orlando, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I'm so sick of (notes). I know why it's happening, but it's really fucking annoying.

The New York Knicks claimed point guard Jason Williams(notes) off waivers Friday from the Los Angeles Clippers, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. The Knicks have until Aug. 6 to negotiate a contract with the 10-year NBA veteran. Williams actually retired on Sept. 26, 2008, from the Los Angeles Clippers despite never playing in a game with the club after being signed as a free agent a month earlier
    why is the nba board so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    why is the nba board so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    apathy
    Find a new slant.

Not sure if you are talking internet type slow or posting type slow. I'm guessing posting type slow. My guess...peeps know our run is truly over. We had some high expectations from the King and all that cap space...didn't happen, imo.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    August is a slow month.

I know, big shocker.

Blog Entries
    The Celtics have areed in principle to sign free agent forward Shelden Williams, sources tells Y! Sports.
    Find a new slant.

why Kevin Mchale lost his job...

Timberwolves president Glen Taylor is saying that Kevin McHale got canned because he wouldn't have been happy with the fact that team president David Kahn would be getting rid of plenty of the guys he brought in and believed in this summer: Mike Miller(notes), Randy Foye(notes), Mark Madsen(notes), Craig Smith(notes) and Sebastian Telfair(notes)

Taylor seems to think that McHale would have been too upset with the changes on the team to be an effective coach, which is funny because plenty would argue that he wasn't very effective last year when the 'Wolves ended up with a 24-58 record. Surprisingly, there were three teams worse than that in the Western Conference: the Sacramento Kings, the Los Angeles Clippers, and the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Meanwhile, the rumor is that Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis is likely to be named coach of the Timberwolves this week or next.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    You mean he wasn't fired for total failure to achieve objectives?

He's been failing for like 2 decades. They didn't start to care about that now all of a sudden.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread