+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most overrated players in the NBA

Most overrated players in the NBA

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9...rated-players?

....wow that is quite the list...

This part should be first, so you know not to read the rest.
    Chris Paul

There's no doubt that CP3 has always been a truly great passer and has also worked diligently to become a dangerous 3-point shooter. But there are several reasons why he belongs in this dubious category.

In half-court offenses, he's a threat to do damage only in screen-and-roll situations, which means that doubling him virtually renders him impotent.
    Because of his diminutive size — listed at 6-feet but closer to 5-foot-10 — he can be easily doubled.
    His defense consists of steals. Period. Which in turn depends mostly on opponents' mistakes.
    Many opponents simply take the ball to their favorite spot and then shoot over him.
    Even when using a screen-and-roll, he's not nearly as effective going left as he is going right.When was the last time that a pipsqueak-sized point guard led his team to an NBA championship? Slater Martin with the St. Louis Hawks in 1958 — which means that while Paul's Hornets will be a good team, they'll never be good enough.
    I love that "you have to double him to stop him" is a criticism.
    STEW BEEF!

Pretty harsh and not very accurate. Most of his honorable mentions seemed far more deserving, especially Peja and AI.

he'd love to be doubled...also Kevin Garnett is overrated, according to 3 games....

lol. by those criteria, Chauncey should def be in.

Blog Entries
    I love Chaz, but I'd much rather see him point out the most underrated.

LIKE FLIP MURRAY
    Find a new slant.

Anderson? His knock is that all he does is block shots and pump up the crowd. OK, what more do you want from a big man off the bench?

And he says teams find a way to stop Boozer. The guy is a 20/10 player, so obviously he isn't stopped all that often.

Horrible article.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Horrible article.
    Agreed.

I do agree that those guys are overrated, but MOST overrated? Yes, Chris Anderson has been given a lot of attention and praise for a guy that is simply an energy guy. Yes, Chris Paul is touted as a flawless point guard as of late and he definitely has some flaws. The Boozer part seemed spot-on to me. That's why I said I didn't want him. These guys are all overrated, some more than others (Paul isn't THAT overrated, he's still a star with a ton of talent), but saying they're the most overrated is extreme.
    _

Anderson signed for 5 years for well under the MLE. Max makes more than him and does half what he does. Anderson isn't overrated. For him to be overrated there would have to be big money thrown at him, 6th man of the year talk, etc. I've never heard any of that shit. He is a great role player, period. Nobody has ever said he's more than that.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread