+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brilliant Woman’s Plan to Save California

I calmly stated...."Fuck that shit"
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    How come a video of a retarded lady made everyone start fighting about politics? Isn't that like letting the retarded lady win?
    This place is turning Mo. We gotta step up, you and I.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    It helps our budget, thats what it helps. State of CA workers ( I use that term loosely) have more beni's than 90%(?) of the taxpayers of state.
    It depends on specifics.

For many jobs that have private sector equivalents, the guv'mint job is in the bottom 10%(?) of salaries for that kind of work. Good bennies are a way to make up some of the pay difference, a way to keep some good talent from bailing to the private sector and being forced to outsource at a premium to get quality work (e.g. fucking Beltway Bandits).

Where it gets complicated are with the jobs that _don't_ have the private sector equivalents (e.g. cops, teachers), where the guv'mint drives the salaries. Often, such jobs are in environments where performance is hard to gauge from a practical and legal standpoint, and the folks at the very top do elective office switcho-chango radically compared to the private sector.

+ Reply to Thread