+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pistons better than 2008?

Despite getting a much better coach (really, who could have been worse than Curry) I think that we will not be as good a team. Our back court is better but that's it. We lost what little interior D we had and rebounding will continue to be an issue. The lack of ANY interior D will put added pressure on our guards which will hurt their offensive production. Add to that having no real post players and a newer uptempo style offense and there will be a learning curve. Unless CV and Wilcox can prove to be better than expected defensively or Joe D regains some of his magic and makes a deal, we can maybe expect 35 wins IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    He is a serious loss.
    Yes, i'll surely miss the constant technical fouls, piss poor shot selection and his ability to turn mediocre big men into all-stars with his piss poor defensive rotations.... how will we ever live without a center that takes more threes than free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry
    you think Wilcox, Villa & Maxiell will play any better D than Sheed, Dice + Amir/Max last season?
    nope, but I expect more effort and a lot better offense.

My point wasnt that the frontcourt has been significantly upgraded. It was that the team itself has a better roster 1-12, and the frontcourt improved in many ways simply by sheed not being a part of it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Yes, i'll surely miss the constant technical fouls, piss poor shot selection and his ability to turn mediocre big men into all-stars with his piss poor defensive rotations.... how will we ever live without a center that takes more threes than free throws.

How about being in the top 30 for all big men in blocks, 5 in steals, and 3s on a team where the guards didn't shoot them? Maybe he was supposed to shoot a couple of those.

Top 30 blocks and 5 in steals. But we'll replace that with a guy who got benched for Luc Mbah a Moute due to his poor defense.

top 30 in blocks...lol

there are only 30 starting centers in the NBA...

top 5 in steals? Whats list are you looking at, the detroit pistons roster? The Detroit Shock Roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    top 30 in blocks...lol

there are only 30 starting centers in the NBA...

How many big men are there.....how many of those top 30 start.....

So, Sheed is well above average there Kstat admits for me....

Carry on people, just owning a fool here.

oh yes, calling sheed top-5 in stealing the ball and then complimenting yourself on what a fine job you did...that's impressive...lol

Looking at starting centers he's around 18. 4th in steals.

But he's lazy.

Kstat meltdown....watch out kids.

I'm half expecting him to begin shaking, rip off his face, and reveal Langlois.

+ Reply to Thread