+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pistons better than 2008?

Dice is another story.

Sheed rarely even gave %50 effort last year, and his body cant give as much as it could anyhow. His total lack of conditioning is catching up to him quickly.

Sheed's ability to watch big man after big man step 5 feet outside the paint and repeatedly take wide open shots while sheed just stood and watched was amazing.

The best part of the season was the NJ game where harris and brook lopez ran 6 straight pick and rolls to start the game and sheed gave up 6 layups because he was either too slow to react or simply did not give a shit.

the old sheed I would be sorry to see go. The 2009 Sheed I'm very happy to see go. He refused to play or he couldn't play. Either way, anybody Joe picked up would be an upgrade.

As for the celtics, I suppose we will see next year if sheed's body has given up on him or he simply dogged it here last season.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-26-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Sheed & Dice vs. Villa & Wilcox, seriously, the our new guys might be younger, but thats it, Sheed-Dice are still better nba players...

Blog Entries
    Not better than last year, about the same. There will be at Least 8 other EC teams with better records.
    Does that help?
    Find a new slant.

12 points, 7 rebounds, terrible defense, poor shooting and he almost never got to the line.

I'm pretty sure he's not a quality starter anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    Not better than last year, about the same. There will be at Least 8 other EC teams with better records.
    Does that help?
    Yes, we get it, you're a woman. But that wasn't the topic at hand.

the biggest improvement is having a coach who knows what he's doing & can implant a structured offense...now we might not have a better record because of our weak frontcourt, but the success should be measured by how much our young guys improve...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    12 points, 7 rebounds, terrible defense, poor shooting and he almost never got to the line.

I'm pretty sure he's not a quality starter anymore...
    to me this still sounds like the best case for Wilcox next season, sry

Sheed was a good defender last year. Down from the past, but still one of the better deep post and rotational defenders in the league. Kstat is wrong.

first off, he didn't rotate. at all. Any pick and roll he would make a lazy attempt at a steal and let his man roll wherever he wanted.

He was ok when he was simply defending the post, but against any big that could play more than 3 feet from the basket, sheed got humiliated daily.

If you didn't see this, you probably didn't watch many pistons games last year. Sheed was routinely the guy the other team attacked up front. He was so slow he may as well have been 54 years old and not 34.

you think Wilcox, Villa & Maxiell will play any better D than Sheed, Dice + Amir/Max last season? also Kwame's man to man D is decent, but his help D is not...our frontcourt defense will definitly be worse than last season...

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    first off, he didn't rotate. at all. Any pick and roll he would make a lazy attempt at a steal and let his man roll wherever he wanted.

He was ok when he was simply defending the post, but against any big that could play more than 3 feet from the basket, sheed got humiliated daily.

If you didn't see this, you probably didn't watch many pistons games last year. Sheed was routinely the guy the other team attacked up front. He was so slow he may as well have been 54 years old and not 34.
    I watched them, you are wrong, he was not one of the 3 best rotating centers in the league as he was when he joined the team (along with Ben and KG), but he was in the top 75 percentile. There was no need to attack him, they attacked our god awful 1-2-3, where Rip was our best defender for whatever that's worth.

He surely fell off, but he can take a long fall and still be better than the Yao-Dampier-Bogut-Miller group. Please don't pretend to make a point.

He is a serious loss.

+ Reply to Thread