+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: 2009 Pistons better than 2008?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh

IF we got Okafor for Prince and picks I could actually convince myself we'd make the second round of the playoffs.
    u really believe Okafor is that good? He never took the bobcats anywhere, dont know if i predicate our playoff capability on him minus another starter in return.

Of course as far as this naive Tay trade idea goes, i doubt LB wants another wing guy. Knock Chandler all you want but i think LB WANTED him and if couldn't get a big he wanted in return, he deal wasn't happening. Again dont think about what you think of chandler, this is LB we're talking about. He isnt randomly stupid, just has a crazy method. What i mean in that is that he probably wanted this deal and offering Tay or kwame doesnt seem like something he'd agree with.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Assuming we got Okafor/Bell for Tay/Kwame:

Having a big that can consistently put up 14, 10 with 2 per game is much better than anything we have right now or are likely to get.

While they haven't made the playoffs it's possible that's because they never had a starting unit of Okafor, Nova, Bell, Rip and Stuckey with Gordon, Maxiell, Wilcox, Daye, Bynum and Summers off the bench.

That's some talent - but without Okafor to man the middle it's a much weaker team
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Anyone think we're desperate enough for a starting big to start trading big-time assets (you may define "big-time" however you wish)?

I doubt it, but I think it could happen.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

depends on the big. I'd move RIP or Tay with a rook or two for a Kaman/Okafor type big. I'd include Stuckey for a legit all star big (like Howard). I doubt anybody I would trade Stuckey for is available though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Assuming we got Okafor/Bell for Tay/Kwame:

Having a big that can consistently put up 14, 10 with 2 per game is much better than anything we have right now or are likely to get.
    At center? yea. Overall? not so sure he offsets losing Tay's experience with those numbers. Also LB taking on Kwame Brown and losing his boyscout Bell? Only in Bizarro world. On an LB coached team Kwame sees the bench for life the first time he fumbles a pass, which wouldn't take long.
    ^

So Kwame has LB AND Jordan against him, most likely.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    So Kwame has LB AND Jordan against him, most likely.
    i forgot Kwame was Jordan's Darko. No chance he accepts kwame just on that alone.
    ^

+ Reply to Thread