+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pistons better than 2008?

2009 Pistons better than 2008?

Not in comparison to the other teams in the NBA, but our roster from last year. Are we better?

Discuss.

No. We may win a couple more games, but last year through December we could pretend we were a 50 win team if we could "just get it together". We thought no team wanted to catch us in the first round.

This year we know every team will want to place their hot knife in our butter come playoff time.

Blog Entries
    I think we'll have a similar record but miss the playoffs
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I think we'll have a similar record but miss the playoffs
    So does that make them better or not? lol

I don't see how this team could not be better compared to the train wreck of a team mercy-killed by cleveland last season.

I do think we are improved in the backcourt, if anything by the subtraction of AI. I do want to go on the record though saying that not playing Bynum as much will hurt us. He is like a smaller, almost equally efficient player as Stuckey on the offensive end. The hit we took in the frontcourt is sizeable (pun intended). I definitely think that Sheed was dogging it, but still better than whomever we put at C. I also think that Dice was pretty damn good at both C and PF for us. If you look at both ends of the court, I think its a wash between him and CV. CV with the edge on offense, and Dice the edge on D and ability to play C.

For next season I think we will be worse. Even dogging it last years team was better IMO. I think if we are able to get a C with our lotto pick next season or trades/free agency, then this team gets a serious jump in potential.

sheed last year was worse than anybody we brought in this year. he was shitty defensively and offensively. He couldnt defend anybody that wasnt a strict post player. Not to mention his tirades on the floor were a huge detriment.

losing him is no less a benefit than losing iverson.

The Pistons will be better next year. There's no way they won't be, barring injuries.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    sheed last year was worse than anybody we brought in this year. he was shitty defensively and offensively. He couldnt defend anybody that wasnt a strict post player. Not to mention his tirades on the floor were a huge detriment.

losing him is no less a benefit than losing iverson.
    i doubt Wilcox will be better than Sheed was last season...i expect a similar record too, hopefully a better offense, thats all

if wilcox shows up on one end of the floor, he'll be better than sheed by default.

LOL KStat, Sheed with 50% effort is better than Kwame or Wilcox. Dice at 100% effort was better than any other big on the team except maybe CV (yet to be seen). Of course, the applicable point here is that Sheed was probably giving on 35% or so, especially at the end. He will be awesome in Boston and will be starting there at C in no time. Fits in perfect there with his desire to move the basketball, his good D, bball IQ, and ability to hit a J.

Secretly I think that was the most underrated move of the offseason.

+ Reply to Thread