+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stock up on bigs

If all that is true then we wouldn't want him.

How can this thread be called stock up on bigs when we don't have any? It should be called find some bigs.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

We have bigs. They're just not good.
    _

I consider stocking up on something to imply you already have adequate measures of it.

If I'm stocking up on toilet paper it means I already have a reasonable amount and want more in case. It doesn't mean I have a stack of post it notes I have to use for toilet paper that I need to replace with real toilet paper.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I consider stocking up on something to imply you already have adequate measures of it.

If I'm stocking up on toilet paper it means I already have a reasonable amount and want more in case. It doesn't mean I have a stack of post it notes I have to use for toilet paper that I need to replace with real toilet paper.
    This needs to become someone's sig.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

"We need to stock up on toilet paper" could mean you don't have any.
    STEW BEEF!

Wrong. If you were out and went to the store to get some you are either:

A) Getting what you need (whatever amount is normal)

B) Stocking up (getting more than you need for whatever reason).

If you just got what you needed you wouldn't call it stocking up.

Notice it doesn't say current or everyday use:

stock up verb
    1. amass so as to keep for future use or sale or for a particular occasion or use;
    "let′s stock coffee as long as prices are low"

I like that the example doesn't even use the phrase. Good reference.

Stock up. It means increase your supply. Could be from zero to >0.

It's like the Mad Hatter says. You can't have less than nothing, but you can always have more.
    STEW BEEF!

Apparently you haven't solved the carbon monoxide leak yet.

That was funny once, you have to take it up a notch to make it funny again though.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread