+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yzerman looking elsewhere?

Yzerman looking elsewhere?

Per Toronto Sun:
    Steve Yzerman doesn't like to talk much about his future ambitions but he had hoped that if the Chicago Blackhawks were going to change general managers, he would be strongly considered.
    _

This can't be....

Our poster boy next to Gordie considering being part of the Blackhawks organization... If the wings were to allow that to happen, that would rank right up there with the US selling Gm to China...

We have a pretty good GM. If Yzerman wants to do that, he better go elsewhere.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    We have a one of the top 5 GM's in any sport. If Yzerman wants to do that, he better go elsewhere.

Could he really get that job right now? He hasn't been an assistant very long.

I also think he should go to a non-rival.

Gretzky probably would have liked to be GM in Edmonton, but had to go to Phoenix. I doubt they hold that against him in Canada.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Gretzky didn't spend his whole career in Edmonton. He moved to LA for a while then had that terrible spell in New York. Yzerman is a Red Wing all the way through. As for experience, I think he's playing on his time as Team Canada GM, not just his experience running the Red Wings. Quite often, when an ex-player gets a GM position, he didn't get a ton of seasoning as an assistant GM first. Examples: Brett Hull, Garth Snow, Wayne Gretzky
    _

I wonder if he wants to work for the Bruins...

_

It'd make for a nice coming home hire a few years down the road.
    Players meeting my ASS!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    He's one of the few guys in any major sport that just can't do that IMO. At least not a rival. If he went to some far away team that didn't exist 20 years ago that's one thing and I could understand him trying to learn the ropes of executive NHL jobs by doing so. Hawks? no

+ Reply to Thread