+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade Suggestion...

Trade Suggestion...

Travis Outlaw(4M Exp), Steve Blake (4.9M Exp) from Por for Tayshaun Prince (10.3M), Maxiell (5M), and Will Bynum (800K)

A new SF who we could resign or let go if we like our draftees, a distributing PG which we do very much need on this roster. 2 nice expiring contracts at the deadline or cap space in 2010, 7M in cap space right now that we could use for whatever or keep to take advantage of another teams trades. And we are free of Maxiell's contract.

After flaming out twice, now Portland would get a backup PF, a real starting SF, and a new PG to replace Blake, who they don't even want. Their team would be flat out stacked. if it wasn't already.

This trade does give us enough cap room next season for a max free agent, I think.

This trade would clear $16m from next years cap to go along with Kwame's $4m expiring, but we already went over home much of that we'll be losing in current players getting raises, plus the new addition of Wilcox on the cap. I don't think it gives us enough for a max contract, but it definitely opens up our possibilities if we can manage to move Rip for something. Even if you don't get a max guy next year, you can use that space to go for a C via sign or trade. Who knows what will be available.

With or without the max contract space, I like this trade. We all love Bynum, but having a distributing PG wouldn't be a bad thing. Bynum needs the ball in his hands to be effective, as do Stuckey and Gordon. As long as Blake is expiring, that's a nice switch. We get to take a look at Outlaw and see if he's worth resigning, or if one of our rooks can handle the job next year. We also move Max's $5m deal.
    The downside is that we lose Tay, who's a good SF whether you want to believe it or not, and we lose even more depth with our bigs when Max leaves. We possibly lose out on Max if he gets back on track.
    _

7M in cap space will look awful nice to someone at the trade deadline IMO. Don't know how to add a poll to this sorry.

Hell if that trade actually worked, would you then consider Rip(11M) for Boozer (12M) and CJ Miles (3.7M). Our starting lineup would include Boozer, CV, Outlaw, BG, and Stuckey; Blake, Miles, Kwame, Wilcox, and one of 80 Sfs. We would also still have cap room during the season to possibly gain a pick in a 3 way, and have a ton of cap space next season. As long as we don't have to play defense, that is a decent team. Oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO
    Hell if that trade actually worked, would you then consider Rip(11M) for Boozer (12M) and CJ Miles (3.7M). Our starting lineup would include Boozer, CV, Outlaw, BG, and Stuckey; Blake, Miles, Kwame, Wilcox, and one of 80 Sfs. We would also still have cap room during the season to possibly gain a pick in a 3 way, and have a ton of cap space next season. As long as we don't have to play defense, that is a decent team. Oh wait....
    I'd do those deals just for the potential alone.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    cap space is overrated...

Portland takes a whole lot of extra salary on that... I can see them wanting Prince and Bynum, but not Maxiell.

Tay would look hilarious in a Blazers jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Black is slimming.
    _

+ Reply to Thread