+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: F.A. SIGNING: Pistons sign Chris Wilcox

i REALLY hope so too. we can't seriously believe this is the best team we can take to camp....there is still a deal out there to make if we're creative.

we can't be a contender this year- we need a lot of internal development to take place to regain that status. but we can at least compete for the playoffs IF we make the right moves. if we think longterm, we should be looking to make a deal that will help us both now and longterm.

IMO that is trading at least 1 of rip or prince. everything i read says we are NOT doing that though so i'm not holding my breath for another trade. i'll be very disappointed if we don't make one though.

I like this addition by Dumars. Wilcox is a solid rebounder and is very athletic. With all of the jumpshots going to get jacked up next year, it is good to have an athlete that can go get the ball. Think Jason Maxiell but taller and faster.

However, I would have rather seen a better use of the cap room.
    Destiny

WHAT

THE

FUCK!

So we traded Afflalo for this?

Fuck!

Yeah, yeah, yeah - off-season ain't over and all that crap.

FUCK!

No one can sell me on this. I don't care if he's big and can board, or is athletic or whatever. We gave away a hard working young player that could shoot and was willing to defend PLUS he had an expiring contract in order to have enough cap space to sign this dude!

FUCK!
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Couldn't we have just signed Ben Wallace for 1 year @ $1.7 mil and then signed Rasho Nesterovic to the same deal?

That would have been better than signing some dude who has bounced around from town to town and never done a thing.

At least those 2 could provide veteran leadership and Ben was known for his work ethic. What the fuck is Wilcox known for? Unfulfilled potential!

That's something we wanna expose Nova, Maxiell, Gordon, Daye, Summers, JJ and Stuckey to, isn't it?

Fucking stupid waste of cap space and the fact we gave away The Enforcer Double A in order to get this guy just makes it so much worse.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Wilcox/Villanueva has the potential to be the worst defensiv frontcourt in the league....Wilcox couldnt get on the floor for 2 of the worst teams last season...i am still in disbelief we gave up AA to pay Wilcox 3 mil per year instead of 1.7 per year, thats the biggest joke of the offseason so far... i've given up the hope that the Pistons will trade RIP, we sign some more minimum guys and the rookies and thats it...the Pistons will struggle to make the playoffs for sure

Joe - the vet minimum is approx $1.4 mil.

I said $1.7mil because if we did split our cap space in half for Ben and The Rash I could have understood the Afflalo trade.

But to deal Afflalo and then sign Wilcox...

Why didn't we Draft Blair? If we wanted an under-sized PF ...

Did we trade Maxiell in a deal I don't know about?

Cause why the hell did we sign Wilcox when Mad Max is on board?

What a waste of cap space, and a waste of Afflalo.

I will laugh my ass off if he does well in Denver... No I won't. I'll be pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I actually think (and hope) the "big" trade is coming next.

There was no reason to make it before using up the cap room because the trade probably would have just eaten up the remaining space.

This way, we snuggled up to the cap# and can now trade and take back the extra 25% in salary while still staying under the tax threshold.

Also, if we had made the trade for a center and then tried to convince Wilcox to sign, it might have been a bit more difficult to convince him to come along.

I'll be keeping my eyes on Charlotte, and hoping that I'm right here.
    There is no forthcoming big trade. I have accepted it. It is time we all did.

P, you are right, not drafting Blair or even buying a pick to get him is really inexcusable. Even if he could play for just his rookie contract before his knees blew out. He was a freakin 2nd round pick. I hate to tell you guys that I would much rather have had Blair than either of our two second rounders, regardless of how they have done so far. Drafting Blair would have meant keep Afflalo or being able to address something else. Shitty offseason IMO.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    drating a second jason maxiell would fix things, and keeping affalo was a legit option with two all tars ahead of him?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I just don't get how we had $18 mil in cap space and 4 picks in the Draft and we came away with an undersized SG and a bunch of small/power forwards.

It's not like it's a surprise to anyone that we had no legit C when the season ended. I thought the plan was to get a stellar player to "re-energize" the guys we already had.

We fired Curry - got a new coach (didn't matter who - anyone was better than Curry).

We did have a great Draft but I don't see why we couldn't have grabbed Blair. He's a high-reward/low-risk pick in the 2nd round. Once we had Daye I would have thought Blair was the next BPA. Summers might be awesome though but time will tell.

The biggest issue I have is not using our cap space to get a legit big.

We were in a position to rob teams blind and we ended up missing out on all the fun. A lot of teams would have loved to get back under the threshold and we blew our wad on the first day - killing any chance we had of making deals with those teams.

If we were gonna suck for 2 years then why didn't we just trade for guys like Chandler with 2 year contracts and stockpile first round picks in the process?

At some point every contract becomes an expiring and is another asset to deal.

I just don't know how we missed this chance, when everything fell into place for us. Poor economy, certain guys falling in the Draft, other teams with cap space didn't wanna spend it - everything fell into place but we fucked it.

Maybe Hammond was the smart dude in the front office? I don't recall when he arrived and we'll see what he can do in Milwaukee but right now I'm leaning towards him being smarter than the average Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    drating a second jason maxiell would fix things, and keeping affalo was a legit option with two all tars ahead of him?
    There's these things called rebounds, Gutz.

If you have guys that love to jack it up then it might be a good idea to also have some guys who can actually rebound the ball. Blair "apparently" is a rebounder - we really fucking need someone with that skill.

As for Double A - I don't care if you have 3 All-Stars in front of him on the depth chart.

He's young, he's cheap, he works hard, stays late after practice, arrives early, is coachable, willing to defend, can shoot fairly well...

WTF?

Why do I have to explain this shit to people like you? You're a smart dude. Figure it out.

You simply do not GIVE away a guy like Afflalo so you can sign Chris Fucking Wilcox.

We just had damn near $18 mil to spend on free agents. If Joe couldn't figure out how to spend that money and somehow come up with some bigs then he needs to get registered on this fucking site so we can educate his stupid ass.

+ Reply to Thread