+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: F.A. SIGNING: Pistons sign Chris Wilcox

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?

F.A. SIGNING: Pistons sign Chris Wilcox

Chad Ford

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

Wilcox, Pistons agree to a 2 year, $6 million dollar deal.
    A-Woj

http://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA

Free agent Chris Wilcox is close to agreement on a 2-year contract with Detroit, source tells Y!. Deal should be official early next week.

Well, I guess he's as good a choice as any of the other free agent centers, but is he really worth the rest of the cap room? I'll wait for specifics on his contract.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    part of me wanted a wallace return, but this is a decent signing based on what's left at Center.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Joe overpays for yet another player. I think that Wilcox could have been had for less. He was pretty much dumped last season and I didn't hear about him getting any offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    part of me wanted a wallace return, but this is a decent signing based on what's left at Center.
    Wallace can still be signed. I seriously doubt anyone's offering him more than the vet's min.

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    Joe overpays for yet another player. I think that Wilcox could have been had for less. He was pretty much dumped last season and I didn't hear about him getting any offers.
    Yeah, color me unimpressed at clearing additional cap room to sign Chris frickin' Wilcox.

Blog Entries
    Bah.

We created more cap room for this?

I posted "We'll end up with Chris Wilcox" about three weeks ago as a joke.

The joke's on us now, I guess.

He's a vet's minimum kind of guy, nothing more.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Can't believe that he's only 26, he plays more like he's 36.
    Find a new slant.

i loved this kid coming out of maryland and he is very gifted. he just has never lived up to his talent. that is kind of scarey but perhaps this is a chance for him to step it up a bit. i don't expect him to be a allstar but i think this is a good pickup. much better than one of the aging vets.

we're still in serious trouble up front but this is a signing i can live with and perhaps even be a bit optimistic about. nothing more but nothing less.

one real positive thing- he's a very good rebounder. not among the elite but pretty darn good IMO. the bad? he's a uninterested defender. that IMO is what has been most disappointing about him because he's talented enough to be good in that area.

maybe we'll just play on one end of the court this year and take our chances?

anyway, let's hope he can back to being the kid who was good for about 14 & 8 on a regular.

Blog Entries
    I actually think (and hope) the "big" trade is coming next.

There was no reason to make it before using up the cap room because the trade probably would have just eaten up the remaining space.

This way, we snuggled up to the cap# and can now trade and take back the extra 25% in salary while still staying under the tax threshold.

Also, if we had made the trade for a center and then tried to convince Wilcox to sign, it might have been a bit more difficult to convince him to come along.

I'll be keeping my eyes on Charlotte, and hoping that I'm right here.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread