+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pistons/Clippers

NY won't do any deal unless it gets them cap room. 5 Mill is a ton, look what we could have done with it this offseason.

A deal they MIGHT consider would be Kwame (4.1), Max (5M), Jerebko rights, and 4 mill in immediate cap relief for Eddie Curry and Jordan Hill. I think they are that desperate for cap relief that saving 7M next season could be enough to motivate them to part with Hill. We would have at least decent bigs then.

I'd throw in a future first or Daye for that trade.

I love the Clippers young talent(Gordon, Griffin, Thornton, and DeAndre Jordan)

Too bad that the first 3 mentioned are all offense orientated players. Giving them a player like Prince to work with would be really good, plus he'd be going back home.

As for Jordan Hill, I'm not that interested in him. I don't think he'll be a bust, but he just seems like a bench player at best.

For the Clips, I think defensive players would be essential since they have 2 good guards and a PF who will want to shoot. Prince and Camby would be ideally suited for those 3.

I am not sold on Hill by any means, but that trade is extremely low risk for us and a good two year gamble. In one season, Curry's expiring would be valuable again, and as we have learned, low post players don't just fall into your lap, even if they are fat and lazy.

Camby's an expiring, but if that trade happened, I could see them possibly fighting for the 8th seed. The Clippers got really lucky with the Blake pick..then dumping z-bo...

Out of all the Clipper's core (Baron, Gordon, Thornton, Zach, Camby, Kaman, Griffin)...only one has 3 point range and that's Baron. Even then he's better at slashing and posting up small PG's. Their paint is going to be very clogged. It would serve them well to get Tay in the mix and stretch things out a little.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'd say Gordon's a better 3pt shooter than baron davis.

and zach got traded for quentin richardson

Oh yeah, duh.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Prince for Kaman, anyone?
    Kaman is playing great again, when Blake comes back this might be a possiblity

without Prince we got more time for Daye, Bynum, Jerebko...RIP is still a very effectiv SG, certainly more productiv than Prince, i have no problem shipping off Prince if hes easier to move/ we can get more...i really liked the 3-headed monster Stuckey/Gordon/Bynum, thats instant offense ,always attacking the basket, this could be a very important part of our future

Kaman/Ben/Kwame
    Villa/Wilcox/Max
    Daye/Jerebko/Summers
    RIP/Gordon
    Stuckey/Bynum

edit: you can add Kwame to that deal if the Clips need another big, we take back Ricky Davis corpse or so

Clips would be

Camby/Kwame
    Blake/Smith
    Prince/Thornton
    Gordon/Butler
    Davis/Telfair
    Last edited by Joe Asberry; 11-05-2009 at 10:11 AM.

So, this is seriously being discussed?

The Clips deal both Kaman and Thornton for Tayshaun?

Why the fuck would they do that trade?

If I was their GM and Joe offered me that I'd laugh.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking about this deal again the other day,too, right after reading that the Clips are disappointed with Thornton. If you subscribe to the sappy notion that Joe always tries to send his guys home, then Tay ending up back in Compton makes some sense.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread