+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pistons/Clippers

Blog Entries
    It would be Rip for Boozer plus player x (he's really good, too).
    Find a new slant.

We could do a 3-team where the Knicks get Rip, the Bobcats get Lee and Kwame, we get Okafor and Diop? He's by far their worst contract in my mind. They get a big man, they get a backup C to replace the one they're moving, and they get rid of about 3-mil in salary. The Knicks get Rip for moving Lee. They'd probably get a draft pick or some other compensation in the deal as well.
    _

Knicks never do that deal because Rip's deal is past next season. The Knicks seem dead set on having no one on their roster going into the offseason next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by RegicideGreg
    Knicks never do that deal because Rip's deal is past next season. The Knicks seem dead set on having no one on their roster going into the offseason next summer.
    They'd take RIP maybe if Jeffries was moved in the deal. They'd only take on about 5 mil that way and still have money for James (and a viable #2).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Would Rip be a good fit with James? He doesn't need the ball in his hands and he just runs and runs until he's open, which could leave him coming off a screen for a Lebron drive and dish. It would make sense, but if they're truly pandering to LBJ in hopes of signing him, they'll want to let him pick all his own teammates.

I'm going to laugh when all of these teams clear up a ton of space for him, then he stays with the Cavs. Wade stays in Miami. Kobe isn't leaving LA at this point. They'll all be scrambling for plans B-Z, being Bosh, Amare, and I can't even think of any other potential superstars that will be available.
    _

Speaking of these two teams, if LAC is really interested in AI and he agrees to come off the bench for them (two big ifs), would we be able to do a sign and trade with the Clips for Camby? That may allow them to seal the deal with him by offering slighly more than any other team (who are maxed out at the MLE). I haven't seen a solid number on how much cap space we have left, but could we afford to take on Camby's deal for its final year?

The question also remains, of course, is LAC willing to deal Camby now that they somehow found a taker for Randolph's toxic contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Would Rip be a good fit with James? He doesn't need the ball in his hands and he just runs and runs until he's open, which could leave him coming off a screen for a Lebron drive and dish. It would make sense, but if they're truly pandering to LBJ in hopes of signing him, they'll want to let him pick all his own teammates.

I'm going to laugh when all of these teams clear up a ton of space for him, then he stays with the Cavs. Wade stays in Miami. Kobe isn't leaving LA at this point. They'll all be scrambling for plans B-Z, being Bosh, Amare, and I can't even think of any other potential superstars that will be available.
    didnt kobe just sign an extension? or was he offered and declined in order to make the team better? can't remember

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I would think just active play would help LBJ a lot. What he does is wear out defenders chasing him. That helps Lebron because he'll be playing against worn out defenders. It also helps him because he can park at the three point line on series run for RIP and conserve energy.

Right now he's just surrounded by jump shooters. They feed off him nicely when he has the ball, but he also has to expend a lot of energy while they stand around.

Anyway, we are getting way ahead of ourselves, I agree. There is a good chance he'll stay anyway.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    didnt kobe just sign an extension? or was he offered and declined in order to make the team better? can't remember
    He opted into his final year of his contract, but I'm sure he'll get extended.

Rip has no chance of going to LA unless we take some of their crappy players and all the FAs next season have snubbed them. They don't even have a first rounder to give us.

Oh yeah and I love the trade with Kaman and Thornton for Prince. Thornton is very good. I doubt they would ever do that, as it represents the perfect trade for us. If they would consider that trade with us also taking Ricky Davis (we cut him and they save 2.5M) and we also throw in a lotto protected first, they might be interested. I do like the mix they would have with Camby, Griffin, Prince, Gordon, and Davis. That SF should definitely be a defensive player. Actually I like that mix a lot.
    Last edited by BIG BEN'S FRO; 07-15-2009 at 12:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread