Tayshuan Prince

Pistons Get:

Chris Kaman
    Al Thornton

Who wants to call me brilliant first?

lolrite, this will happen.

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

It will never happen. I'd be okay with it. I'd still want us to move Rip. I don't want him playing SF or Gordon playing PG (unless he proves he's capable somehow) and that leaves 48 minutes split between them at SG. Neither guy will be happy with less than 30.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    It will never happen. I'd be okay with it. I'd still want us to move Rip. I don't want him playing SF or Gordon playing PG (unless he proves he's capable somehow) and that leaves 48 minutes split between them at SG. Neither guy will be happy with less than 30.
    I'm assuming giffman would suggest Thornton would be the SF.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Thornton would be our SF. I just mean having Rip in general needs to change.
    Gordon isn't playing anything but SG unless he somehow proves he can run the team as a PG in spurts. That means all of his minutes will be coming from the 48 total SG minutes. He's going to be unhappy if its anything below 30.
    That leaves 18 SG minutes for Rip, who will also want over 30, meaning he'll have to play SF to get his minutes. I don't want Rip playing SF.
    _

If you can find a taker for Rip then more power to you.

I certainly would endorse that.

I am very concerned about our lack of front court depth, though. More concerned about that then having both Rip and Ben Gordon at SG.

The Clippers weakest position is SF; this trade would provide them with an upgrade there while helping us address our front court woes.

It would also provide the Clippers with a bit of cap relief this year and next year and significant relief in two years.

It'll prolly never happen but IMO makes some strategic sense for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    I'm assuming giffman would suggest Thornton would be the SF.

Giffman would suggest that. (Giffman also enjoys referring to giffman in the third person. Giffman will need to do so more often).

All of the potential Rip trade ideas that keep getting thrown around don't make sense for the other teams involved.

Rip for Boozer - doesn't save Utah any money.

Rip for Brand - Philly already has Iguodala. They can't move him to SF because they have Thad Young there.

Rip for Okafor - They're not moving an up-and-coming young C for a 30+ SG without some serious incentives added. We don't have the cap space to make it happen anymore.

Rip for Kaman - they already have Eric Gordon

Rip for Biedrins - They have a plethora of wing players as it is.

The list goes on. When we ran out of cap space, we ran out of ways to move Rip. Hopefully Joe gets creative and makes something happen.
    _

My comments in bold:

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    All of the potential Rip trade ideas that keep getting thrown around don't make sense for the other teams involved.

Rip for Boozer - doesn't save Utah any money. They could save Utah 3-4 mil (whatever space we have left), which doubles when they are over the tax level.

Rip for Brand - Philly already has Iguodala. They can't move him to SF because they have Thad Young there. Iggy is a SF, he has been from the start. AI was the SG, then Green, etc. Thad is a 3/4 tweener and could play the 4 mostly.

Rip for Okafor - They're not moving an up-and-coming young C for a 30+ SG without some serious incentives added. We don't have the cap space to make it happen anymore. We'd have to take on a crap contract they don't want for them to bite and include Kwame.

Rip for Kaman - they already have Eric Gordon I agree. Don't see them wanting RIP.

Rip for Biedrins - They have a plethora of wing players as it is. I agree. Don't see them wanting RIP.

The list goes on. When we ran out of cap space, we ran out of ways to move Rip. Hopefully Joe gets creative and makes something happen.
    There are certainly options in 3 team deals though. What teams would actually want RIP and have an asset any of those teams would want?

I wonder about RIP to NY, Lee (S&T) to one of those teams, and the center here. NY might do it if they think RIP would help attract Lebron (he's never had a #2 that good).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread