+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Afflalo and Sharpe traded for 2nd round pick

With AA gone, does that mean the chances of rip getting traded is reduced? I guess a rip for a center and shooting guard is possible.

Denver had a trade exemption apparently?

Who really cares anyways. Neither was getting playing time. Basically we trade a guy whose name we can't pronounce so we can play some over priced FA with no defense. A+ Joe, A+.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

I don't know if this really reduces Rip being traded. Stuckey is going to get some SG minutes this year. Gordon getting around 33mpg, Stuckey pulls some SG minutes, then a young guy like Washington getting some time pretty much fills up the minutes.

If we used this space to bring in Haywood for Kwame and a pick (saves the Wizards $4mil after the luxury tax), it would be fantastic. He finally showed development on his low-post game 2 years ago (missed last season), and he's always had solid D.

In his last healthy season he put up:
    10.5ppg on 53% shooting, 73% from the line, 3.4 offensive boards, 1.7 blocks. He really anchored their D as well. He's shown he can play well next to a SF in a PFs body (Jamison), so he'd do well with CV, IMO.

I'd rather see us grab Okafor, but I wanted us to sign Haywood last offseason instead of Kwame. I probably posted it 20 times, just like the Okafor/Biedrins stuff this offseason.

They have Blatche and McGee at C right now, so they have some depth and can afford to move him.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    Denver had a trade exemption apparently?

Who really cares anyways. Neither was getting playing time. Basically we trade a guy whose name we can't pronounce so we can play some over priced FA with no defense. A+ Joe, A+.

I completely agree. Who cares about Afflalo and sharpe? Neither will be anything special in this league and aren't major cogs in any championship run here or anywhere 2, 3, 4 years down the road when the pistons will be legit again.

If dumars can turn this space into another guy that's young, improving and will be able to contribute when they are ready to make another run then it's a coup (Big Baby?).

I disagree on Afflalo not being worth anything. The guy showed some solid D and his offense was really starting to come along. He shot 40% from 3. He's going to develop into a solid role player in this league.

If we don't use this space to grab a C, I'll be upset.
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I disagree on Afflalo not being worth anything. The guy showed some solid D and his offense was really starting to come along. He shot 40% from 3. He's going to develop into a solid role player in this league.

If we don't use this space to grab a C, I'll be upset.
    I agree, but yargs said neither would be anything special. Solid role player = nothing special.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    if this means we keep RIP & Gordon and use the capspace to sign Big Fat Baby Davis i will be very dissapointed...

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    also Big Fat Ass Davis or Maxiell are not worth more than Afflalo!

For some reason, I doubt Washington takes back Kwame Brown. Haywood seems like a good fit for the Wiz, and I think he could be the difference that COULD put them in the 4th seed.

We on the other hand have to be looking at better options than Haywood. He wouldve been a good player to have next to Rasheed but we are in rebuild mode, and have to look for players with more potential/talent

AA is signed for so little, and I don't think he's the type of player to seek a huge contract either, which is why he has some kind of value. A little disappointed, but if this is a precursor for a move that nets us a bigman, I'll be happy.

+ Reply to Thread