+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Afflalo and Sharpe traded for 2nd round pick

If I can't post those pics then how about the ones of you and I that warm, crazy, drunken night in Tijuana?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    1.Ben Gordon was the best player on the market, and we weren't so talented that we can pass up young talent. 2. THERE WAS NOBODY OUT THERE TO SIGN.
    Were there a bunch of assets that could be shaken free due to the economy? Could we have been a trade facilitator? By blowing all our wad early, we surely didn't give ourselves a chance to find out. You're taking the pessimistic stance that all RFAs would be matched and no team would do losing moves to our benefit just to save money, so the only thing that was available were the UFAs and maybe the expirings. It's never that simple.

I can say one thing -- no one else was lining up to pay Ben Gordon $50 million right at the get-go, and he plays a position where we arguably needed the least help. Now we have a guy who's gonna need a taller PG to cover his can't-defend-at-SG shortcomings, and we have only one of those. I'm SOooo looking forward to a Gordon and Bynum pairing.

MARCIN FREAKING GOTRAT WAS MATCHED. Anybody that bids on a restricted free agent is either a total fool or someone with nothing to lose.

Not to mention, we would ahve lost anybody else we wanted after 7 days.

Gortat was matched because Orlando could, because they got in on a 4-way trade that improved their flexibility. We might've gotten involved in such trades if we hadn't committed the cap space already.

and yet, not one such deal made so far would have been a good one for the Pistons.

You can play in fantasy land and just assume that there was this phantom mega-deal that nobody has mentioned or even implied that Dumars and only Dumars could have gotten in on, but that isn't reality.

You do not tell young, gifted FAs like Gordon and V to wait. You will lose them. Maybe you're fine with that, but I'm not.

Chicago told Gordon to go away rather than overpaying him.

There's nothing Gordon has done to suggest that we're doing anything BUT overpay him.

30% shooting in the last three games of a playoff series, when things were key, for a guy whose big claim to fame is being a fucking shooter.

Yeah, you do tell him to wait if he wants $11 million/year -- wait until he gets better, until he can defend and be more well-rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by giffman
    If I can't post those pics then how about the ones of you and I that warm, crazy, drunken night in Tijuana?
    I only pretended I was drunk.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Chicago offered him MORE than that in previous years. They couldn't beat the offer because of the luxury tax. it isnt because they didnt want him.

Also, stop harping on a stupid 3-game window. God forbid he got tired of being the only guy on that team who could score.

Again, $11 million for a player of his caliber is slightly above market value, but its not like we gave him rashard lewis money. I'd much rather have a building block like Gordon than what else was out there.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I only pretended I was drunk.
    Whatever gets you through the night, big boy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Chicago offered him MORE than that in previous years. They couldn't beat the offer because of the luxury tax. it isnt because they didnt want him.

Also, stop harping on a stupid 3-game window. God forbid he got tired of being the only guy on that team who could score.

Again, $11 million for a player of his caliber is slightly above market value, but its not like we gave him rashard lewis money. I'd much rather have a building block like Gordon than what else was out there.
    Perhaps I missed it but NOBODY had made offers to Gordon. We didn't need another SG. He's a good player but with what is in place right now, we overpaid for another fucking SG when we have other needs. If you overpay for a player that you NEED, I'm ok with it. If you get a deal on a player that you don't need, I'm ok with that too. Charlie V. was not really a need because he isn't very good defensively. There goes another 6.5 mil. Now we are handcuffed.

Are there deals to be had if we had cap space? It's quite possible but we won't be in on any of them. What will Lee sign for? What about Odom? Bass was a good deal at 4.5 mil per and he can play some limited time at C. What about our ability to make trades and take on salaries. That's gone.

Now our team's success is hinging on whatever moves are left which are few and very limited. Are you happy with Kwame as our starting center? REALLY?? Who will be his back-up? Wilcox? Gooden? I think I just threw up in mouth a little.

How about our guard situation? Are you happy with that? We gave away the only one who played defense. Stuckey IS NOT a PG. He just isn't. What happens if Gordon outplays Rip? Does Rip go to the bench? He we go again with that.

This team is no where close to competing with some overloaded positions and even more glaring holes. We can't stop anybody so we'll have to outscore them. That does not bode well. Not well at all.

+ Reply to Thread