+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Afflalo and Sharpe traded for 2nd round pick

Afflack and Sharpe to Denver for a future second. Just happened. Let me be the ifrst to post this....

TRADE: Afflalo and Sharpe traded for 2nd round pick

Afflack and Sleepy Eye to Denver for a future second.

I believe I am officially the first to post this. Fucking finally.

So we gain 1.8 mill in cap space. Where the hell does that put us?

Wow, not smart to ditch Afflalo like that, IMO. Oh well.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I like(d) Afflalo.

Oh well.

I would have much rather give a first to get rid of Maxiell, but that wasn't happening. Afflalo was a pretty decent backup IMO. Now let's see who we get before we judge this.

3.6M

Pistons have 3.6M + 4M (Kwame)=7.6 M
    or
    Pistons have 3.6M + 5M (Max)-8.6

hopeful we can somehow get Lee, but who knows..
    I said.....

What I Say?

Damn, that sucks. That may mean we're really looking at keeping Rip and Gordon coming off the bench. I don't know how I feel about this.

I liked Afflalo a lot. He had the makings of a solid defensive player. Like Quincey Ross with some offense. I have no problem with Sharpe being gone.

Does this mean Deron Washington is getting that reported guaranteed deal?

What about Daye getting some time at SG? He's ridiculously tall, but he's too thin to play any PF right now and maybe too thin for SF at this point. According to Kstat, he can handle the ball very well. He can shoot the lights out. I'm not saying primary backup or anything like that, but would he be able to play garbage time minutes at SG? Put him out there against a taller, slower SG, or have him guard the SF and have the SF guard the other teams SG. No? Okayseeya.
    _

IMO 3.6 mill is pretty decent. Kwame and our cap space for Camby is doable now if we wanted it with minimal impact to either roster. Similarly Haywood, although these don't really set us up for the future. IMO NY would definitely do the move with David Lee if we wanted to at 6-7 mill starting. He REALLY has no leverage now.

+ Reply to Thread