+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Josh Howard

Josh Howard

Would you trade Rip and a 1st for Josh Howard?

What about Rip/Afflalo/1st for Howard/Carroll?

They wouldn't do Rip for Howard straight up, but maybe adding a 1st rounder would entice them. They just signed Marion to play SF and they're moving Howard to SG. Rip, a natural SG who would thrive with a PG like Kidd, would be a solid fit. If not, you take Carroll's contract ($4mil) off their hands. I believe Afflalo would have to be included to make salaries work, but he's going to be an RFA so they would get a look at him this year and could let him walk.

We'd be able to use Howard as a replacement for Tay if we traded him for a C. Carroll is a defensive liability but he could be decent as a gunner off the bench in a limited role. If you've got Stuckey or Gordon driving the lane, Carroll would be able to knock down open 3's all day (or for 10 minutes a game).

Obviously this wouldn't work out very well for us if we didn't trade Tay, but I'd much rather have Howard than Rip. I know Cuban is happy to pay big money, but if the cap is dropping significantly next year, he's going to be paying 8mil for Carroll. With older players like Dirk, Kidd, Marion, he's got to be thinking Win Now.

Interesting side note: As of right now, Carroll is their only guaranteed deal for 2010-2011.
    _

Blog Entries
    Could work as part of a three team deal with Tay going to LAC for Kaman with other parts going to the Mavs.
    Find a new slant.

Rip to Dallas
    Howard to LA Clippers
    Camby to Detroit

So we'd be trading Rip for Camby? I don't think that one's going down. Dallas would want more than Rip for Howard, anyway.

Glenn's idea could go somewhere with all these 3-team deals going on.

Rip/1st to Dallas
    Howard and Kaman to Detroit
    Prince to LAC

I feel like there would be more going on with this deal, but I don't know what. Something between Dallas and LAC.
    Last edited by Zekyl; 07-10-2009 at 09:18 AM.
    _

I hate trying to come up with 3 team deals. They get so complicated.

And it's weird that they happen for real.

I can't imagine how many calls it takes to work the whole thing out.

And imagine that 4 way with Orlando, Memphis, Toronto and Dallas.

Actually - any time you have a massive multi-team, multi-player trade going down chances are Dallas are involved. Cuban throws in the cash to make other teams get involved and help him out.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread