+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Charlie V twitter thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Nice stat on Charlie - but everything you post is favourable K.

I'd love to read 1 post from you that doesn't agree with every move the oganisation makes.
    You must have been missing the entire 2009 season...

It took me all of 2 months to see Joe had put together a shit team and everyone here said i was being TOO NEGATIVE. The fucking Free Press quoted me on it.

We were 8 games over .500 and a top-3 team in the east when I said we were going to finish below .500.

I swear some of you have memories of goldfish. God forbid you judge each post on its own merit. No, what I say can make perfect sense, but it's still somehow flawed because its me saying it, and I happen to not jump on whatever bandwagon the rest of the forum happens to be on right now.

The whole season I said this was a shit team led by a shit coach. You people said I was overreacting, we had a good record and everything would be fine.

Now, I'm saying Joe is doing a pretty good (albeit incomplete as of yet) job, made quality acquisitions, and now I'm the homer that buys in to whatever management says? Please.

Maybe, just maybe, I have a little better feel for this shit than some of you.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-09-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Solid point actually

(for a company man)

I need to figure out how to do white text on my phone
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    You must have been missing the entire 2009 season...
    I did miss most of it, or do you have the memory of a goldfish?

It took me all of 2 months to see Joe had put together a shit team and everyone here said i was being TOO NEGATIVE. The fucking Free Press quoted me on it.

We were 8 games over .500 and a top-3 team in the east when I said we were going to finish below .500.
    I was absent when you were TOO NEGATIVE (no need to scream).

I swear some of you have memories of goldfish. God forbid you judge each post on its own merit. No, what I say can make perfect sense, but it's still somehow flawed because its me saying it, and I happen to not jump on whatever bandwagon the rest of the forum happens to be on right now.

The whole season I said this was a shit team led by a shit coach. You people said I was overreacting, we had a good record and everything would be fine.
    Dude, you're preaching to The Preacher.

You think I got that tag because I followed the crowd? I'm the dude that got the Rip for Stackhouse deal right. I'm the dude that was pushing for a Sheed trade. That wanted Frank Williams or Dan Dickau and not Prince. That wanted Monta Ellis or CJ Miles and not Maxiell. I fucking told Joe to get Juan Dixon - 3 years before he did it.

And I'm the guy putting Joe's Draft record under the microscope every chance I get because it's insane that the intelligent fuckers on this site can't see the cold hard facts.

You say we had a shit team. I say we had 2 guys that barely cared and a Coach that made that problem worse. Sheed has always been one that picks and chooses his spots. It's just last season he chose less spots than before.

And if anyone is gonna try and tell me Iverson always played half assed they can get fucked. You're talking about Iverson - aka "In the future playing hurt will be known as Answering"

And he quit on this team? Yeah - cause Dice, Sheed, Rip and Tay deserved that! Cause Iverson has no respect for them or Joe!

Or maybe cause Michael Curry was the dumbest motherfucker walking the sidelines, including that retarded kid I saw with popcorn during a Bucks game.

Now, I'm saying Joe is doing a pretty good (albeit incomplete as of yet) job, made quality acquisitions, and now I'm the homer that buys in to whatever management says? Please.

Maybe, just maybe, I have a little better feel for this shit than some of you.
    Joe did what he wanted - doesn't mean I agree with it. I do understand it. I'm just someone that would rather contend every season or be really crap. No point being Mr. Inbetween. And so far these moves don't make us better - they just make us different.

And in 2 years time they might be great - but what about next season? If only Joe could Draft we wouldn't have this problem. If only Joe didn't jump right in and grab Ben Gordon we wouldn't have this problem.

Like I said - I understand where he's coming from. Doesn't mean I agree with it. You might agree with it and that's cool.

Just don't try to be a salesman for the organisation and attempt to put a positive spin on being a fucking mediocre team for the next 2 years.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    And so far these moves don't make us better - they just make us different.
    Which is exactly why we need to wait and see what happens the rest of the offseason. These moves make us better than we were last season with AI and Sheed, but not better than we were before the AI trade.

I think the only thing we can judge Dumars on so far this offseason is overpaying Gordon. When no other teams were going to offer him $50mil, we gave him between $55-58mil? The only teams that could have made a move for him were Chicago, OKC, Memphis and us. Chicago didn't have any interest in paying him $50mil when they have Rose, Hinrich, Salmons. OKC and Memphis weren't going after him. We overpaid, plain and simple.

The Austin Daye pick will have to wait a few years to be judged. If he can put on some muscle and we actually develop his game, fantastic. Otherwise, that will be a bad pick.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    We overpaid, plain and simple.

You'll admit that we had to pay more than Chi. to get him to a less talented team already featuring an all-star SG, right? That a 50 mil offer would have been shot down.

Not that I would have given it to him, because I don't want him, but if you are Joe and you do, that he paid him the right amount to get him, right?

I still say we're moving Rip and Gordon knows that. He's coming to a less talented team, but he's coming here with one of his college guys (that's why they brought in for visits together) and he's going to be the star of the team. In Chicago, Rose would have always been the star with Gordon playing second fiddle.
    So in all reality, he's coming to a situation where he's got a friend on the team and he's the big dog. We should have been able to offer him $52-53 instead of $58 and most likely still gotten everything nailed down just as quickly. I wasn't there so I don't know how the negotiations went, though.

All I know is that this guy had better have a damn good work ethic to keep developing and growing like he has been. Maybe he's so used to being on crappy Chicago teams that he's had to be a shooter and he can shake that mentality. Remember, before last year they were always just young teams with raw talent. They're "post game" consisted of Ben Wallace and the undeveloped Ty Thomas. It was just Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, and crap.

Man, I really hope that's the case.
    _

Quality post Hermy.

Quality reply Z.

Good to see we have so many intelligent posters here...

Mow, about Joe and the Draft
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    So in all reality, he's coming to a situation where he's got a friend on the team and he's the big dog. We should have been able to offer him $52-53 instead of $58 and most likely still gotten everything nailed down just as quickly. I wasn't there so I don't know how the negotiations went, though.
    Yeah, I understand. I just have trouble getting upset when I don't know if that's the case.

Agreed. That's why I double-clutched on the reply and added that last line. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
    _

Blog Entries
    He says he's going to take 31 questions right now from his followers, so fire away.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread