+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Charlie V twitter thread....

Props to CV for giving the fans an inside look at what happens when a NBA player signs to a new team. I would love to see a reality show showing players moving to and getting acclimated to new cities (and fans). I used to hear stories about ppl yelling stuff at Joey Harrington whenever they spotted him out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    People are typing from cell phones as well.

I predict the English language will adapt. "4" and "u" will be formally recognized synonyms for "for" and "you" by the great dictionaries.

It wasn't until the advent of the Gutenberg press that the common spellings we recognize came into being. It was the typesetters of the day as much as the authors of the great texts of the day that determined spelling, often for reasons as pragmatic in their time as "typing u for you on cramped keyboards at cramped data rates" is today.

Yup, I took a class on development of languages at GVSU, the prof was a bit of a hippie as she was determined to convince us that dictionaries have slowed growth of English more than illiteracy. Looking at how the language grew every couple generations hundreds of years ago vs. now is interesting.

DRay is the best poster here by far.
    STEW BEEF!

Some excellent research here.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009070...given+the+time

Villanueva played at least 30 minutes in 29 games last season. His averages in those 29 games: 23.1 points, 9.0 rebounds, 36 minutes. The rebound numbers especially impressed me, because when his team has the ball, Villanueva spends a lot of time on the perimeter, and it is hard to rebound from there.

By comparison: Toronto star Chris Bosh averaged 22.7 points and 10.0 rebounds in 38 minutes last season.

Nice stat on Charlie - but everything you post is favourable K.

I'd love to read 1 post from you that doesn't agree with every move the oganisation makes.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Of course, the reason he might have gotten those minutes was because he was playing well. So, in only 29 of 82 games was he playing well?

Remember, he was given up for Amir Johnson and Luc Moute (who as near as I can tell is the second coming of Udonis Haslem). Hammond might have a better read on him than we do.

Remember, he was given up for Amir Johnson and Luc Moute (who as near as I can tell is the second coming of Udonis Haslem). Hammond might have a better read on him than we do.

And a significant bit of cash the Bucks didn't have. Let's be fair here.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    $4.6 million qualifying offer vs. $3.6 million for Amir (who's the second coming of Gadzuric, thus far) -- money they DID have?

They didn't just get Amir for "New Village". They got Amir for Oberto ($4 million at the time, would have cost them $2 million to cut). It's almost like they're only paying Amir $1.6mil this year. So that was a $4.6 million QO compared to $1.6 million for Amir.
    _

$4.6 million qualifying offer vs. $3.6 million for Amir (who's the second coming of Gadzuric, thus far) -- money they DID have?
    Who the fuck cares about the qualifying offer? What are you saying here? He was going to take the offer?

He was "given up" due to the salary he would command, not some arbitrary figure they could attach to him to keep his rights long enough for us to make an offer they couldn't match.

+ Reply to Thread