+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tay for Outlaw/Pryzbilla

One thing we haven't really taken into consideration. Why does Portland want Prince?
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I'd much rather have Okafor than Boozer. I'd actually prefer to avoid Boozer altogether, unless he somehow stops missing 1/4 of the season due to injuries each year.
    I agree, but Boozer is an expiring so there isn't much risk at all really.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

One thing we haven't really taken into consideration. Why does Portland want Prince?
    They wanted Hedo, so clearly they aren't satisfied at SF. Who knows whether they want Tay. Also, they are looking at Lee, so I'm sure they will move a big if that happens (otherwise they don't consider this deal).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    They wanted Hedo to make plays for others, the same reason that I wish we would have went after him.
    Find a new slant.

With the Chandler idea as opposed to the Okafor idea, that gives cap flexibility the next two offseasons (I'm not sure what Okafor's deal is). Boozer comes off the books 2010, and if you can't get Bosh and don't want Boozer, you still have Charlie. Pryz and Chandler come off the books the following season, although that may create a problem at C if you don't want to retain either... though the cap space would also allow for a replacement via trade.

Glenn's right though, the Blazers probably don't even want Tay.

They may have been looking at Hedo for specific reasons. Hedo and Tay don't exactly have the same skillset. I suppose I was looking at Roy as their starting 3 instead of a 2.

If they trade Przybilla, who starts at C for them? Do they think Oden finally has what it takes, or is it time to see if they can rely on him? Do they have somethone else that can fill in if/when Odom goes down or fouls out? The only other C they have is Frye and Oden averaged over 8.7 fouls per 48 minutes and only played 61 games last year.

To think, they could have drafted Durant and been rolling out
    Blake
    Roy
    Durant
    Aldridge
    Przybilla

That would have been disgusting. No doubt they'd have been able to improve at PG or C by signing someone cheaper than market price to play with that lineup. Let them take their lumps for a few years while they develop, then grab a vet PG or vet C to fill things out. Too bad, Portland fans.

What did the Bulls trade Aldridge for?
    _

Zack Miner? Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Ray if you go for Okafor, you're not looking for flexibility. You're looking at Okafor and Villanueva as your starting frontcourt of the future if you make that deal and you hope that they compliment each other as well on the court as it seems on paper.

Offense:
    V is the guy a jumpshooter that can stretch the D but can play downlow on occasion.
    Okafor is all post-game on offense so we'd have always have someone down low, which we've all been screaming for these last few years. He won't pull double-teams but he's still young and developing his game. He's good enough that teams can't forget about him like they did to Ben, but he doesn't command a lot of touches.

Defense:
    V has the size, athleticism, and coordination but he's yet to play up to his ability. He'll hopefully provide decent D and could turn into something solid if he starts living up to his potential. He needs to have a solid help defender next to him for sure.
    Okafor is a great help defender. Defense is his game and he does it well. He's exactly the type of guy you'd want next to Villanueva. He's no Hakeem, but he's as good as we can hope for.

Back to the trade....

If we made the Outlaw/Przybilla trade, Joel would be a great backup to have with V as well. He tends to foul a bit too much, but he's not going to be floating around on offense, he's not going to command the ball and he's going to protect the basket on defense. He's not what I'd want starting for us in the slightest but he'd be an upgrade over Kwame IMO.

I suppose if Joe was looking to have a few offseasons for a rebuild, Przybilla would be a good stopgap at center. We already have Stuckey, Gordon, and Villanueva needing shots. He'd be a defensive-minded center that could cover for Villanueva a bit on the defensive end and he wouldn't complain when he didn't get (m)any shots.
    _

Blog Entries
    tl;dr

But great post in any case.
    Find a new slant.

They may have been looking at Hedo for specific reasons. Hedo and Tay don't exactly have the same skillset. I suppose I was looking at Roy as their starting 3 instead of a 2.

If they trade Przybilla, who starts at C for them? Do they think Oden finally has what it takes, or is it time to see if they can rely on him? Do they have somethone else that can fill in if/when Odom goes down or fouls out? The only other C they have is Frye and Oden averaged over 8.7 fouls per 48 minutes and only played 61 games last year.

To think, they could have drafted Durant and been rolling out
    Blake
    Roy
    Durant
    Aldridge
    Przybilla

That would have been disgusting. No doubt they'd have been able to improve at PG or C by signing someone cheaper than market price to play with that lineup. Let them take their lumps for a few years while they develop, then grab a vet PG or vet C to fill things out. Too bad, Portland fans.

Frye was let go (they did not give him a QA). They would only consider the deal if they got Lee first. They are a little weak at PG, so maybe they thought Hedo would help take some pressure off that area (which Tay would not so much).

+ Reply to Thread