FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can we get Okafor?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry

Okafor/Kwame
    Villa/Max
    ?/rookies
    Gordon/Afflalo
    Stuckey/Bynum
    Wouldn't Bell be your starting SF after that trade? He didn't even make your lineup.

And LDB, I didn't realize that Okafor was teammates with them. That would be interesting to have 3 guys that were teammates in college all starting on the same team in the pros.

I don't think we'd get Okafor for Rip straight up, but if we could work in taking on a few million in salary from them, that wouldn't be a bad deal.

Pistons Get:
    Okafor - 10.5
    Nazr - 6.5
    Ajinca - 1.4
    -Total of 18.4

Bobcats Get:
    Rip - 11.6
    Kwame - 4
    -Total of 15.6

That clears about 3 million in cap space for Charlotte. I don't know how high on Ajinca they are. He's a 7 footer but he's only 225 pounds. The guy has a huge wingspan but no strength whatsoever.

We'd be:

Stuckey/Bynum
    Gordon/Stuckey/AA
    Prince/Daye/Summers
    Villa/Max/Jarebko
    Okafor/Nazr/Ajinca

If they want to keep Ajinca, we'd have to do some work. I'm not sure how cash considerations work. How much can someone include? They sub Raja Bell (5.3) and cash and we add Afflalo (1.1) and Sharpe (0.7). We'd have 16.4 going out and 22.3 coming in, difference of 4.9 million. Since we only have about 4 million in cap space, we'd have to get around a million in cash or get another team involved. We could cut that down a bit by subbing Diop (6) for Nazr or Max (5) for Kwame.

Radman can be subbed for Nazr in all of this. The have the same salary.
    _

i think $3 mil is the most you can include as 'cash considerations' in a trade. but that is separate from the salaries you're trading. so the money cannot go towards 'evening out' the cap numbers when making the deal.

i'd LOVE okafor. absolutely 100%. but i really have a hard time seeing them trading a young big like him. i hope i'm wrong, but i just don't see them doing it. salary dump or not. i think they would want to keep him first before other guys.

fingers crossed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    He's the guy I'm holding out hope for.

As for Bosh, Amar'e, et al, they just don't seem likely or even possible to me.
    Fuck thats good English and grammar and all that. I wish I could write like that. I'm serious too.

edit...I want to take English one day as a language and learn it. I want to use : ; et all and all those things.

I just kind of doubt that it'll ever happen.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'm not at all convinced that Okafor's D is "great". Dwight makes it a point of decimating Okafor one-on-one in their matchups, in a way that he can't do against a motivated Sheed. Okafor's individual opponent PER hasn't been great since his ankle injuries. And I have to believe that if he had great D, LB would be going apeshit to keep him.

I still want him... don't get me wrong. The UConn superstars tour wouldn't be complete without him. Maybe we can trade Tay for Gay...

Okafor isn't a great one on one defender. He is a terrific team defender, though.

Okafor is an eraser. Given that Charlie V is our PF....we will need that.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-02-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Higherwarrior
    i'd LOVE okafor. absolutely 100%. but i really have a hard time seeing them trading a young big like him. i hope i'm wrong, but i just don't see them doing it. salary dump or not. i think they would want to keep him first before other guys.

fingers crossed though.
    I'm in this camp... That's too much talent just to trim 3M or so.

Maybe some threeway deal might work... gotta wonder if Joe explored this b4 shooting his wad on Villeno-D

+ Reply to Thread