+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can we get Okafor?

Can we get Okafor?

Being realistic, is this something we can and should do?

I think he's is exactly what we need. He's a fantastic post defender. He's big and athletic. He's still young (26), and we're obviously in a youth movement. He can provide helpside D and block shots/protect the rim. Plus he's still developing and improving his previously non-existent offensive game.

He's not going to give us a ton on offense, but he attacks the offensive glass and goes back up with it. If we've got guys like Gordon and Stuckey attacking the rim, we've got to have someone there to clean up if they miss. Plus, his offensive game is in the post, not floating around shooting midrange jumpers. We don't really need him to be an offensive force anyway. We just need him as an option to feed the ball into the paint. Enough of our shots will be going to Stuckey, Gordon, and Villanueva (which is why having a guy like Prince who always defers isn't bad either).

He's exactly what we need to pair with Villanueva for our starting frontcourt.

As for actually getting him, that's the hard part. I think we have the advantage of LB being the Bobcats coach and Rip being the piece we'd move for Okafor. We've got Jordan and Dumars who have a mutual respect for each other from their playing days. Plus, they've dealt with each other before, when we traded them Nazr for Herrmann and whatever else we got in that trade.

Joe needs to get MJ and LB on the phone and see what he can work out.
    _

I'd trade RIP for him. But, they just drafted a SG. I'd still think they want to move a center with Diop and Nazr making solid money there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    He's the guy I'm holding out hope for.

As for Bosh, Amar'e, et al, they just don't seem likely or even possible to me.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Okafor's BYC status just expired yesterday, so he's good to go.

I'd even think about helping them out of Diop's deal if that helped seal the deal.

Rip for Okafor/Diop just about cleans up our cap room.

Tay could still be moved for a couple of players at 125% of his salary and we'd still be under the tax line.
    Find a new slant.

Could we also move Max for a PF/C with a little more size (since Charlie is sortof a tweener there)?

RIP/Okafor would actually give us 1.1 mil in space. we'd have 5 mil. We could move Max for a 10 mil PF. What about adding some filler and getting Boozer?

Even better, Max and Daye for David West. We'd save them some taxes.

PG Stuckey/Bynum
    SG Gordon/AA
    SF Tay/Charlie
    PF West/Charlie
    C Okafor/Kwame
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    there was talk they would move Nazr/Radman for Dalembert, so they could replace Okafor with 2 eqaul bad contracts

i would trade both RIP and Tay for Okafor+Bell + trash...we can always add a SF in a year or 2

Dalembert/Diop
    Diaw/GWallace
    GWallace/Prince
    RIP/Prince
    Felton/Augustin

to me that looks better than their squad now, and i am sure Larry would love to coach RIP and Tay again

Okafor/Kwame
    Villa/Max
    ?/rookies
    Gordon/Afflalo
    Stuckey/Bynum

Bell is expiring, we could even be a player in 2010, dunno

I think you need to keep Tay unless you replace him with another wing defender. especially with Gordon and Charlie not great defenders.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i am giving up Tay because i dont think RIP alone would get us Okafor...its easier to find a good SF defender than a starting C like Okafor...we can sign a minimum guy who can play some D to start for one season ( a guy like Udoka should do just fine) and go after a really nice starting SF who can play some D in 2010

The only reason they ship Okafor to us is to dump salary and save money.
    Rip will NOT be shipped for Okafor. Not saying an Okafor deal is impossible... just that a Rip-for-Okafor deal is damn near impossible.

That extension really nosedived his trade value. I'll be happy and hungry for some crow though, but I don't see it happening.

Blog Entries
    hay guys did u kno Villaneuva, Gordon and Okafor were college teammates??!?11

+ Reply to Thread