+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bynum's Trade Value

Bynum's Trade Value

This isn't necessarily an "idea," so I don't think it belongs in the Fun With Trades subforum, but what do you think Bynum is worth? Naturally, he's not worth much alone just based upon salary, but is he a valuable throw-in that could tip the scales in the mind of another GM?

IMO, now that we've got three guards who are probably going to suck up almost all of the playing time (assuming Rip stays), perhaps we could package Bynum, Max, Afflalo, and Daye/Summers to get a good big and filler in return. Bear in mind that I didn't crunch numbers at all, before you attack me.

Thoughts?

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Blog Entries
    Can't move him unless you get a rotation-quality PG in return, IMO.
    Find a new slant.

By himself, not a lot. But he could be a solid piece in a package to teams looking for successors to old PGs (like Nash).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Can't move him unless you get a rotation-quality PG in return, IMO.
    What if RIP stays and Gordon is the primary backup?

You'd still need a vet 3rd PG though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    He's the only PG capable of making plays for others that we have, like it or not.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    By himself, not a lot. But he could be a solid piece in a package to teams looking for successors to old PGs (like Nash).
    So what about Kwame, Bynum, Daye, and future No. 1's for Amare? Didn't crunch the numbers, but that gives Phoenix some good weapons and a big warm body to replace the hole left by Shaq.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

that's about 8 mil in salaries out and 16 mil in. Can't do it, even with the 4 mil leftover in space. We'd have to have Max in there too. You could get boozer, kaman, west, chandler, okafor with that kind of package (salary wise), but not Amare.

I'd still do it with Max in there and I'd get Dice to come back and backup Amare and Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    that's about 8 mil in salaries out and 16 mil in. Can't do it, even with the 4 mil leftover in space. We'd have to have Max in there too. You could get boozer, kaman, west, chandler, okafor with that kind of package (salary wise), but not Amare.

I'd still do it with Max in there and I'd get Dice to come back and backup Amare and Charlie.
    Thanks, Chris. I'm not a numbers guy and never will be.

I think you do something like that if you can get Amare. Sure, it leaves us even thinner, but we'd be poised for a big run. It's risky since Amare would be in a contract year, though, and you're giving up all of your bigs. Something tells me Joe won't pursue Amare.

I'm still waiting for a play at Boozer, though I'm not sure how valuable Bynum would be to them.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

I think Bynum is more valuable to the Pistons than what we would receive in a trade, as I don't think any team will give up a solid piece to get Bynum based on his production in a small sample size.
    Destiny

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I don't think Bynum would get us much more than Flip Murray did.

+ Reply to Thread