+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: F.A. SIGNING: Pistons strike deal with Ben Gordon

LMAO!

I actually thought of making the whole sentence green since I've been kind of whining about the intelligent people on here.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    LMAO - since when is John Salmons the guy you rely on?
    Since he seems to have figured out volume 3P shooting -- nearly 42% on 4 attempts/game this year. That's probably Chicago's theory...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dumars
    I like the Bulls' theory

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Hate to break it to you but Salmons is pretty good. They gave the money to Deng. With him presumably coming back healthy, the logical move was to push salmons to the two and start Deng at the three. It's not intelligence, it's fucking common sense. They offered Gordon those contracts you speak of a year and a half ago. Things change, such as drafting an all star point guard in Rose and acquiring another competent 2 who CAN GUARD HIS OWN POSITION.

Yeah, I'm sure they (Bulls) were willing to negotiate with him (Gordon) this year. Just like we were willing to negotiate with Ben Wallace before he bolted. But they never were going to break the bank for him.

Doesn't matter now, he's a Piston and I'm going to root for him.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Salmons is pretty good, as long as you're not relying on him for any one thing. He's a jack of all trades, but master of none.

Philly tried to make him into a defensive stopper. He failed. Sacramento tried to make him into a #2 scorer. He failed that too.

He looked really good in chicago because he was getting table scraps from Gordon and Rose. Nobody was asking him to be a leader in anything specific.

If they start Salmons at the 2 this year, you'll see the same Salmons that Sacramento and Philly saw. He can't be relied on.

Chicago makes bad decisions. It's what they do. overestimating Salmons will be another one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    He averaged 18 PPG for Sacramento last year on great shooting. You can't just make stuff up.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

i don't know that those roles were ever truly assigned to him....

the bottom line is the bulls let him play his game. and he's a scorer and a pretty decent defensive player. he did that pretty well this last year.

i'm jealous of the bulls talent but they do need to step up their basketball IQ. there's no way they should've let the celtics come back and win that series when they had them on the ropes. but they are still a young team and i'm sure they will learn and grow from that experience. then again, they regressed the season after they played us tough in that playoff series.

but i like del negro as their coach and i definitely think they're not to be taken lightly.

Blog Entries
    Geez, is there any chance that Salmons has, um, gotten better since he was in Philly?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Higherwarrior
    i don't know that those roles were ever truly assigned to him....

the bottom line is the bulls let him play his game. and he's a scorer and a pretty decent defensive player. he did that pretty well this last year.

i'm jealous of the bulls talent but they do need to step up their basketball IQ. there's no way they should've let the celtics come back and win that series when they had them on the ropes. but they are still a young team and i'm sure they will learn and grow from that experience. then again, they regressed the season after they played us tough in that playoff series.

but i like del negro as their coach and i definitely think they're not to be taken lightly.
    1. With Curry gone Del Negro is easily the dumbest head coach in the NBA.

2. Salmons is no longer able to play "his game," unless Luol Deng suddenly becomes a 20+ ppg scorer.

Didn't Deng average 20ppg in the playoffs one year?

Why do we always end up using a tiny sample of games as examples?

Why do I bother responding to Kstat?

Live strong K. Looks like you could have another little "battle of the sexes" going on in this thread.

Who are you gonna call a woman first, K?

Higher warrior or vinny?

GD - are you gonna take bets on who argues with kstat next? This could be the game of the off-season.

+ Reply to Thread