+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: F.A. SIGNING: Pistons strike deal with Ben Gordon

Blog Entries
    Russ Bengston: Honestly, I'd rather have Jannero Pargo at $2m than Ben Gordon at $10m.
    Find a new slant.

I'd rather have a pre-paid phone card than Pargo.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Why are you so down on Pargo?

As a backup PG option, he seems perfectly reasonable.

It's just a dig at Glan. Pargo is fine. I'm ambivalent towards him. I wouldn't, however, rather have him than Ben Gordon.
    STEW BEEF!

It's like saying i'd rather have Will Bynum at $1 million than kobe Bryant at $30 million. When one player is clearly better than the other, bringing up salary is a losing argument.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I'd rather have Will Bynum than kobe Bryant.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Tom (River North)

John, am I the only one that thinks it is crazy to pay someone $10 million that is coming off the bench (Ben Gordon)? As you've mentioned before, Rip's extension basically makes it tough to trade him. Also, it kind of sounded like the Pistons were Gordon's primary suitor. Did they overpay?
    John Hollinger

Yes, they overpaid, and I'm not sure why they went up to $58 million (even more than the originally reported $55 million) when I doubt anyone else would have even given $50M. Also, it's a little awkward to announce that Rip is the starter when at this point in their careers Gordon's clearly better.

----

who knew we would pay 11.6 mil per year to a backup?

Interesting.....

Maybe they overpaid him because he didn't want to be a backup? Doubtful but you never know.
    _

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry
    Also, it's a little awkward to announce that Rip is the starter when at this point in their careers Gordon's clearly better.
    Clearly? Oh puhleeze.

Gordon might be better in the future based off age and injury trends, but I don't buy that shit based solely off of their performance to date.

For whatever degree Gordon is better offensively, Hamilton is much better defensively, and can actually defend at the position he plays.

There's a theory that Gordon might complement Stuckey better, but perhaps a better idea for improving our offense to get our PG shooting 3P shots better:

http://basketball-statistics.com/how...toffenses.html

Remember, we had 15 mpg of a SG shooting 3P shots to the tune of 40%. Did that help Stuckey, or did Stuckey blow layups and misread defenses? Or was Stuckey executing crap plays by Curry? My sense is that our coaching was worse than the offensive tools we had before our FA signings.

Oh well...

+ Reply to Thread