+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: UFC/MMA Thread

Blog Entries
    Why does it always come back to blaming the Canadians?
    Find a new slant.

I don't know, but I will mention that Celine Dion is an atrocity.

I think you're right on with the GSP thing. Canadians tend to get a little carried away with their sports. And, interestingly enough, Rich Franklin as a main event fighter doesn't sell very well.

UFC 56: Franklin vs. Quarry $200,000
    UFC 58: Franklin vs. Loiseau $290,000
    UFC 64: Franklin vs. A. Silva $300,000
    UFC 72: Franklin vs. Okami $200,000
    UFC 77: Franklin vs. A. Silva II $325,000
    UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson $320,000
    UFC 99: Franklin vs. W. Silva $360,000

And now he's headlining UFC 103. Rich is my favorite fighter, but if his buy rates are that low, then even I wouldn't use him as a main attraction. Just a hunch, but I'm thinking that 103 probably won't break 500k.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wetzel
    Herschel Walker to become pro MMA fighter for Strikeforce. Incredible athlete, great shape, 5th degree black belt Tae Kwon Do. But he's 47
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    That Overeem guy tested positive for elevated testosterone and Dana White, tool extraordinaire, is obviously livid (understandably so).

That's all I've got.
    Last edited by Timone; 04-04-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    I can't get into UFC/MMA at all, but fuck, even I kinda want to see this fight:

“Well first of all, Chael is a criminal, he's been convicted of crimes, he doesn't deserve to be in the Octagon and when the time comes and the time is right, I'm going to break his face, and break every one of his teeth in his mouth,” Silva unleashed as soon as the call started.

“Right now, I'm focused on what's going to happen in the next few weeks and right now the playtime is over. I'm going to beat Chael's ass like it's never been beat before. The joke is over, there's no more talking, I know he's on the line listening and the game's over. I'm going to beat his ass out of the UFC. He's never going to want to fight again after I'm done with him,” said Silva.

“It doesn't matter if I'm on the bottom, the side, the top, it doesn't matter – Chael Sonnen's going to get his ass kicked like he's never gotten his ass kicked before. What I'm going to do inside the Octagon is something that's going to change the image of the sport. I'm going to beat his ass like he's never been beaten before. I'm going to make sure that every one of his teeth are broken, his arms are broke, his legs are broke, he's not going to be able to walk out of the Octagon by himself. I can guarantee that.”

“I'm just going to make him pay and make him eat everything that he's said, not only about myself, but about our country, about everything. I'm going to make him pay and make sure that he never disrespects any Brazilian, any fighter. I’m going to beat him maybe the way his parents should have beat him to maybe teach him some manners because he's disrespectful, he's a criminal, and I'm going to beat him up like he's never been beat before,” Silva stated.
    Last edited by Timone; 06-26-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    That's fresh.
    Find a new slant.

Classic promo right there!
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Whoa.

#RIGGED
    Last edited by Timone; 07-07-2013 at 08:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread