View Poll Results: Who would you most like to see as the next coach of the Pistons?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avery Johnson

3 11.11%
  • Doug Collins

2 7.41%
  • Sam Mitchell

0 0%
  • Tom Izzo

1 3.70%
  • Bill Laimbeer

9 33.33%
  • Jeff Van Gundy

11 40.74%
  • Someone else

1 3.70%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31
FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Official Michael Curry Firing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Cleveland went from 24th in ppg to 13th.
    They went from 28th in team %FG to 6th.
    They went from 16th in 3-point %FG to 2nd.
    They went from Larry Hughes to Mo Williams?
    _

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Cavs offense got better because they added an "allstar" in Mo Williams?

Thibodeau didn't join the celtics until their title run. The hired him SPECIFICALLY to design a defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Keep trying to convince yourself of that.

Give me a seasoned pro with a solid head coaching track record, thank you.

Let someone else give these guys OTJ training. We just did that.
    Where are you going to find a seasoned HC with a good track record?

We got one of those (Flip) and that didn't work. Outside Avery or JVG there are no other options.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    We gave OTJ training to an idiot that hadn't even shown he could coach as an assistant. Both of these guys have played major roles in CHAMPIONSHIPS.
    Chuck Nevitt was involved in CHAMPIONSHIPS too.

The two scenarios aren't remotely comparable.
    First time NBA head coach vs. First time NBA head coach.

Seems pretty comparable to me.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    They went from Larry Hughes to Mo Williams?

Did they make those jumps AFTER he got there, or was he there before and they just randomly made the jump?
    Then compare that offense to the Bucks offense with Mo Williams. I doubt Mo was very efficient with the Bucks
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Chuck Nevitt was involved in CHAMPIONSHIPS too.
    I said MAJOR ROLE, dumbass. Keuster designed a championship offense and Thibodeau designed a championship defense. What the fuck did Curry do as an assistant?
    First time NBA head coach vs. First time NBA head coach.

Seems pretty comparable to me.
    ...just like blake griffin is comparable to Jonas Jerebko because they're both rookies, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Then compare that offense to the Bucks offense with Mo Williams. I doubt Mo was very efficient with the Bucks
    Those are completely different scenarios. Mo didn't have LeBron James on his team in Milwaukee. He was asked to carry the team and run the offense. In Cleveland, he's the #2 option and doesn't even run the offense half the time. The ball is usually in Lebron's hands.
    _

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    then i want Thibodeau! its not like this team will struggle to score a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Those are completely different scenarios. Mo didn't have LeBron James on his team in Milwaukee. He was asked to carry the team and run the offense. In Cleveland, he's the #2 option and doesn't even run the offense half the time. The ball is usually in Lebron's hands.
    Certainly he didn't have Lebron, but he was still the #2 option after Redd (actually 3rd in points to Ruben Patterson). Charlie V and Bogut were solid offensive players too. He didn't have offensive nobodies like Varajao and Big Ben to worry about (he had Skinner and Gadz, but they played a lot less).

+ Reply to Thread