View Poll Results: Who would you most like to see as the next coach of the Pistons?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avery Johnson

3 11.11%
  • Doug Collins

2 7.41%
  • Sam Mitchell

0 0%
  • Tom Izzo

1 3.70%
  • Bill Laimbeer

9 33.33%
  • Jeff Van Gundy

11 40.74%
  • Someone else

1 3.70%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Michael Curry Firing Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Izzo

OR THIS
    Find a new slant.

Bring back the glory days of LB
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    do it. I'm pretty sure at least %90 of the people on here ripped me for suggesting him.
    "nobody" is not the same as 90%
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    "nobody" is not the same as 90%
    well, I don't even remember %10 support. I'm just saying I'm sure %90 were against it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I don't remember him even being a topic of conversation here.

Laimbeer.

I'm mentioning the name only so Gl'enn posts the picture. I don't actually want Laimbeer to be the head coach... but on second thought, everything adds up if he was to become coach.

MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    well, I don't even remember %10 support. I'm just saying I'm sure %90 were against it.
    In order to settle this, you know what we have to do right?

More from the Chat:

Casey (Michigan)

10:23 AM

I am a pistons fan and I am happy about this, but who are they going to get?
    Chad Ford

10:30 AM

I think they'll make a run at Doug Collins, Avery Johnson and John Kuester as the darkhorse

Evan (Boston)

10:25 AM

Speaking of the Pistons, where do you see Rasheed Wallace ending up? I'm hearing sheed could be wearing celtics green..
    Chad Ford

10:30 AM

That's the rumor ... Magic, Spurs and Cavs have also been rumored there. And don't totally count out the Bobcats. Sheed and Larry Brown have a good relationship.

Ryan (Los Angeles)

10:31 AM

Which Clipper big man gets moved this off-season to make room for Griffin........Kaman, Camby or Randolph? Which teams might be interested?
    Chad Ford

10:32 AM

They had a draft day deal with Memphis that would've sent Zach for Darko's expiring contract and owner Donald Sterling turned it down. No way they get a better offer than that. Donald Sterling strikes again!!!!

Paul Millsap (SLC)

10:01 AM

Settle this bet I have with my agent, The Jazz are willing to match over/under $10M for me? I say under...
    Chad Ford

10:34 AM

If Boozer returns, and it looks like he will, they'll have to go over the luxury tax to re-sign Millsap. But that's within reason. If he gets a $7-8 million a year offer, the Jazz will match. Any more and they may not be able to afford it. Millsap is good, but not that good.

James (Brooklyn, NY)

10:01 AM

Do you think Boozer opts out? How does his decision sway Detroit's free agent plans?
    Chad Ford

10:36 AM

I think Boozer will opt in to the last year of his contract with Utah. For a while he said he wanted to be a free agent, but he can't find a team willing to pay what he wants. Pistons were the most obvious fit, but they aren't going to give him 13 to 15 million he wants. So he's got to go back to Utah, stay healthy and try again next summer when teams have a lot more cash. I think the Pistons have been expecting this for weeks which is why I've been writing he's not their top priority.

Dixon D (Salina, UT)

10:36 AM

If Boozer stays do the Jazz trade him?
    Chad Ford

10:37 AM

They can try to trade him, but what team will want him knowing he's just going to be a free agent next summer? And remember the Jazz will be over the tax for a year. So they'll need to clear Boozer's salary off the books next summer ... I think this is Boozer's last year as a member of the Jazz.

derek (dallas)

10:37 AM

do you really think jason kidd will leave us to sign with the knicks? If the man wants a ring, he really dosen't have a great chance here but he dosen't have a shot at all if he goes to the knicks
    Chad Ford

10:38 AM

No, I think he' re-signs in Dallas. I think this is a way of generating interest and making sure the Mavs pay up.

Tom Rizzo (Jacksonville, Fl)

10:29 AM

What do you think the Knicks should handle balancing free agency with the contracts of David Lee and Nate Robinson?
    Chad Ford

10:39 AM

It's tough because if they pay them too much, they won't have a lot of money next summer. The Knicks just drafted Jordan Hill and are still VERY high on Danilo Gallinari ... I think they'll probably work either a sign-and-trade to get back something they really need at another position or they'll let him go. I don't think Robinson will be back.

ludwig Hasbauer (Germany)

10:39 AM

Technincal question: can a team sign free agents for all the money under the cap, and afterwards sign their first round pick, e.g. the thunder or the kings?
    Chad Ford

10:40 AM

Sort of. Each pick has a cap hold that eats into their cap room. They don't have to sign them ahead of time, but the league basically counts them toward the cap.

Dan (Williston, VT)

10:40 AM

Who are the top 3 free agents the Cavs are likely to target?
    Chad Ford

10:41 AM

I think Varejao and Charlie V and Sheed will be the guys. Obviously they need more size. Lamar Odom too, if he'd play for the midlevel.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 06-30-2009 at 01:52 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    Who wants to go out for a virtual beer?
    Not enough. Let's go do some virtual needle drugs to celebrate.

MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    DOUG???

+ Reply to Thread