View Poll Results: Who would you most like to see as the next coach of the Pistons?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avery Johnson

3 11.11%
  • Doug Collins

2 7.41%
  • Sam Mitchell

0 0%
  • Tom Izzo

1 3.70%
  • Bill Laimbeer

9 33.33%
  • Jeff Van Gundy

11 40.74%
  • Someone else

1 3.70%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Michael Curry Firing Thread

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?

Official Michael Curry Firing Thread

Chad Ford10:17 AM

Please hold for a second guys ... some breaking news I have to handle ... may be a few minutes

Chad Ford10:19 AM

Pistons have fired Michael Curry ...

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/27200

oh happy day!!

Blog Entries
    firsties !!!!

Great find JA

Chad Ford

10:19 AM

Pistons have fired Michael Curry ...

Aaron (Richmond, VA)

10:20 AM

Wow. About the Pistons firing Curry. Wow. Who do you think they should target as a coach and as free agents with their available cash?
    Chad Ford

10:22 AM

I think Curry had a tough time making the transition to player and confidant to head coach. I especially think he had a difficult relationship with Richard Hamilton after benching Hamilton in favor of Allen Iverson.I can tell you the Pistons are going to go with someone with more head coaching experience ... but I don't know who it will be.

Jason (OKC)

10:22 AM

Is Bill Laimbeer the natural fit for the Pistons now?
    Chad Ford

10:23 AM

He could be ... but it sounded like they wanted someone with more NBA head coaching experience. I'm not sure if the WNBA counts.

Mike (Detroit)

10:21 AM

For all the good work Dumars did in putting the Pistons team together, he sure has crumbled it (starting with the infamous Darko pick). Where do they go from here? Overhaul entire team?
    Chad Ford

10:25 AM

I'm not sure crumbled is the right word. Teams don't last forever and they had a fantastic run ... longer than most teams have had. But they are clearly rebuilding now ... and apparently the Pistons felt like Curry wasn't a great fit.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

BEST. DAY. EVER.

Why the hell did they wait until now? Does it have to do with Rip?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

The Detroit Pistons have fired Michael Curry as coach, the team announced Tuesday.
    "This was a difficult decision to make," Pistons president Joe Dumars said in a statement. "I want to thank Michael for his hard work and dedication to the organization. However, at this time, I have decided to make a change."
    Curry was named coach on June 10, 2008 and was 39-43 this past season.
    The Pistons were swept by the Cleveland Cavaliers in four games.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Aaron (Richmond, VA)10:20 AM

Wow. About the Pistons firing Curry. Wow. Who do you think they should target as a coach and as free agents with their available cash?

Chad Ford10:22 AM

I think Curry had a tough time making the transition to player and confidant to head coach. I especially think he had a difficult relationship with Richard Hamilton after benching Hamilton in favor of Allen Iverson.I can tell you the Pistons are going to go with someone with more head coaching experience ... but I don't know who it will be.

Jason (OKC)10:22 AM

Is Bill Laimbeer the natural fit for the Pistons now?

Chad Ford10:23 AM

He could be ... but it sounded like they wanted someone with more NBA head coaching experience. I'm not sure if the WNBA counts.

Mike (Detroit)10:21 AM

For all the good work Dumars did in putting the Pistons team together, he sure has crumbled it (starting with the infamous Darko pick). Where do they go from here? Overhaul entire team?

steve (battle creek , mi)

chad, rumors of pistons adding charlie v and ben gordon. is the "big" moves by joe d? or are we waiting for trades to add the franchise guy to bring it all together? ben and charlie are good complimentary pieces, but championship material, dont know.

Chad Ford
    I think Ben Gordon is their top target. But they'll have competition from the Bulls and Thunder. I think Charlie V is another target ... but the Cavs and Mavs will make a run at him too. Last thing the Pistons want to do is overpay Charlie V ...

Casey (Michigan)
    I am a pistons fan and I am happy about this, but who are they going to get?

Chad Ford
    I think they'll make a run at Doug Collins, Avery Johnson and John Kuester as the darkhorse
    ----

you know Joe D is a good GM because he corrects his mistakes pretty quick, MC just didnt turn out to be a good coach...i want JvG, i like Avery...but the other 2 guys...uurghh

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    BEST. DAY. EVER.

Why the hell did they wait until now? Does it have to do with Rip?
    Probably no reason to do it until you know what his replacement might be. That way you don't have to deal with any distractions during the draft, etc.

Blog Entries
    LAIMBEER
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry
    Aaron (Richmond, VA)10:20 AM

you know Joe D is a good GM because he corrects his mistakes pretty quick, MC just didnt turn out to be a good coach...i want JvG
    Co-signed.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4297296

The Detroit Pistons have fired Michael Curry as coach, the team announced Tuesday.

"This was a difficult decision to make," Pistons president Joe Dumars said in a statement. "I want to thank Michael for his hard work and dedication to the organization. However, at this time, I have decided to make a change."

+ Reply to Thread