+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we haven't done anything so far...

Why we haven't done anything so far...

1. No one wants to trade anyone good to us for our assets.

2. If he declares interest in anyone right now, other teams will know that we are renouncing Sheed, Dice, AI. Maybe this hurts our ability to S&T Sheed.

3. He wants to wait until July 9, the date for extensions I believe.

4. He wants to wait for the 3 day trade window has expired on all the guys who have been moved already.

5. No one worth getting has been traded so far.

6. He can't do anything without the cap room now, so why announce any interests until 7/1.

Personally, I would love to think that he wants deal for CP3, Bosh, or Amare, but more likely I think teams just aren't as worried about the tax as we thought they might be.

7. The offseason hasn't officially begun yet. Calm the fuck down.

Oh yeah, add in that he probably wants to officially know what the fuck Kwame's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    7. The offseason hasn't officially begun yet. Calm the fuck down.

i kind of agree here, I could see this off season being a giant dissapointment

Isn't it tampering to talk about FA's before July 1st?

How can he start making deals without even being allowed to comment on FA's yet?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    lets face the reality we won't get that "superstar" with capspace or trade RIP/Tay, just highly unlikely...also we won't contend anytime soon, when you look at teams like Cleveland,Boston, Orlando...no chance at all, so we should try to get young guys like Lee, Millsap, Marvin, Gordon...they are ok players, maybe allstars someday, this offseason is just the first step in the rebuilding process...
    also Joe D will first make some Freeagent signings, and then will come some trades maybe, not the other way around cause of the capspace

that same logic is why other teams built themselves to win after the Lakers' run, while Joe built his team to go THROUGH the Lakers.

This pussified new version of Piston fan is making me ill. Whine, bitch, we're never going to beat the Cavs, Lakers, whine, whine, whine, the rold is coming to an end, bitch bitch some more.

Take a look at our roster and the rosters of other contenders in 2000. Everyone said THEN we should just keep tanking and build like the fucking clippers. God, its so nice to know adults are in charge.

7 years ago nobody thought a nucleus of Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, Tayshaun Prince and Ben Wallace could beat the NBA's best teams. What gives people the fucking lack of balls to say the same type of core group isn't out there t be had again?

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i am not whining, just beeing realistic, we've got a depleted roster, we lack 3 or maybe 4 quality starters...im just saying give Joe D some time, he can't fix all in one offseason and bring us back to contender status, that's just unrealistic!

in 2000 we had 2 quality starters, which is much less thatn what we have now.

We were also capped out. We have $20 million to burn this time around.

+ Reply to Thread