+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hedo Turkoglu - Headed to Portlan...jk, Toronto

Hedo Turkoglu - Headed to Portlan...jk, Toronto

Now that Orlando has basically kicked him to the curb in favor of Vince and Sheed/Bass, his asking price just went way down. We're one of only three teams with cap space, and the other two are OKC and Memphis, neither of whom are in the market for a small forward.

Say we could get Hedo for slightly more than the MLE ($5-6 million), do we bring him in if we trade Tayshaun?

IMO, if we can swing a trade for Bosh or Amare, then Turkoglu would be ok. But being that he's already 30, it's only a good signing if we're aiming for an immediate playoff run.

i don't think the magic have done that at all.

nelson PG
    carter SG
    lewis SF
    turkoglu PF
    howard C

he's not a true PF, but he can play there some. and he did very often throughout this season. i think they very much want to keep him. they use their wing players a ton and it would be highly detrimental to lose turkoglu, even with the addition of carter.

i think they need to keep him because otherwise the carter deal doesn't put them over the top at all IMO.

but to answer your question, he's worth a good more than the MLE, IMO. obviously you have to try and lower his asking price. but if prince is getting $9 mil a year or whatever the hell he's making, even a 30 hedo in this market is worth an 8 digit salary.

IMO he'll sign a contract that averages 8 digits a year. and while the fact that he's 30 scares some people, i don't think he's a guy who relies a ton on his athleticism. so i think he could maintain his current level of play for another 5 years fairly easily. i wouldn't be scared to sign him to a deal like that. hefty price, sure. but...

...did you read the article in the other thread, or a word of what I just said?

They're moving Rashard back to SF and singing Rasheed Wallace and Brandon Bass. Turkoglu is DONE there. Even Ray Charles thinks it's transparent.

you're like a woman on her period with your bitchy little outbursts! lol

i didn't read the full article until after i posted my response. this isn't confirmed by anybody so until then we shouldn't draw too many conclusions. this very well could be a rumor floated by the magic to show the turk they have other options and are not going to just give him whatever he wants.

who knows for sure? in any case, if we assume the rumor is true for a second then perhaps they legitimately feel they can't re-sign him and are pursuing other options. if so then i still am not 100% convinced that he won't still have a big contract waiting for him.

obviously teams won't outbid themselves but we've seen players and agents orchestrate sign and trades before too. it will be very interesting to see what offers he fields and what his final pricetag will be. the lower the better. obviously i'd try to and would much rather pay him as little as possible. but my point is, if it requires going as high as 8 digits, somebody will pay up. and i would not totally be opposed to that cost, assuming we make other signings/trades in addition to acquiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Say we could get Hedo for slightly more than the MLE ($5-6 million), do we bring him in if we trade Tayshaun?

LOL! Yeah, if we can get him for 6 per we sweep in. Bring him off the fucking bench for 6 per. Aint happening.

Blog Entries
    I'm not understanding how teams like Toronto & Portland are being mentioned as "frontrunners" for him with deals being reported at ~$10m/yr.

That would mean S&T, and that doesn't seem likely with the Magic in lux tax land.

I think we could get him for $8m, and as I said in another thread this morning, he'd be our primary playmaker.

If Tay is on the move, we could do a lot worse than Turk
    Find a new slant.

What does POR have to spend Glenn? They could write him up a deal averaging 9 per, right?

Blog Entries
    I didn't think they had that kind of cap room, especially in light of the Darius Miles thing, or has that expired now?

I'm too lazy to look.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Here's the fanhouse blurb...

He is expected to be seriously pursued by Toronto, Portland and Sacramento. He is seeking a five-year deal worth an estimated $10 million annually, which is more than the Magic were willing to pay.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    http://www.storytellerscontracts.inf...09salaries.htm

Miles counts for $9m next year still.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread