+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DaJuan Summers- he's not from Sweden and he doesn't weigh 195 lbs...what gives?

As long as he's reasonable.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Just found this from one of my favorite basketball sites.. A pre-draft run down of the top small forwards....

http://fiyastarter.com/blog/?p=2339

#1. DaJuan Summers
    This is why I’m Linwood and the rest of people y’all been reading for draft analysis are not Linwood. This boy is the best player available at his position and I ain’t gonna let a mid-season TEAM collapse change my mind about him. Yeah, granted, it didn’t look good that he seemed to not give a shit once the team went into the tank, but so what? Sometimes, you gotta give a dude a pass. This is Jeff Green Jr. and he’s gonna make some GM look smart as hell. I hope it’s New Orleans.

#2 Austin Daye
    He passes the look test for me. That’s really all it boils down to. He does everything well. Once he adds some muscle to his frame, he’s going to be an all-star caliber player. Between him, Harden, Mills, Calathes and Summers, people are going to regret saying this wasn’t a deep draft. It kinda is. Daye is going to shock people.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    its always the same, every summer i get exited about every dumb Pistons draft pick, and they almost always dissapoint, i would be happy if one of those guys can play in the rotation next year...so Summers seems like the one most ready, if he plays 15 min a game to back up Tay next season, thats would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry
    its always the same, every summer i get exited about every dumb Pistons draft pick, and they almost always dissapoint, i would be happy if one of those guys can play in the rotation next year...so Summers seems like the one most ready, if he plays 15 min a game to back up Tay next season, thats would be nice
    Of course it's the same almost every year.

Joe can't Draft and it's proven.

Memo and Prince are his "finds".

White, Cleaves, Darko, Delfino, Maxiell are all failures.

We need to hope that Stuckey, AA, Daye, Jonas and Summers are better than his track record indicates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Just found this from one of my favorite basketball sites.. A pre-draft run down of the top small forwards....

http://fiyastarter.com/blog/?p=2339
    KStat,

Thanks. That was an entertaining read. If it worked out like that, I would be very satisfied.

Also to contribute: Camby was also moved since they actually had depth at the C position with Nene and the Birdman.

Actually I just took another look at that site. KStat, did you look at the 2008 and 2007 rankings? Actually he is quite accurate. Impressive really. Even called some second round guys. Maybe we could pay him instead of Ronzone. LOL at his comments about Jerebko, but even those not bad. I recommend everyone check this site out. It's an entertaining read and FYI, for the position rankings, check out July in 2008 and 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Of course it's the same almost every year.

Joe can't Draft and it's proven.

Memo and Prince are his "finds".

White, Cleaves, Darko, Delfino, Maxiell are all failures.

We need to hope that Stuckey, AA, Daye, Jonas and Summers are better than his track record indicates.
    You know what's funny about that list, though? All the players that the fans were "generally excited about" turned out to be disappointments:

White: I remember he was supposed to go early but fell to us at 9.
    Mateen: He was an exciting pick, mostly because he had just led MSU to the NC.
    Darko: Chad Fraud got us pretty excited about him.
    Delfino: Another one that was supposed to go high but fell to us.

Then there's all the guys that a lot of people were against taking:
    Tay: I was excited, but there were a lot of people who said he didn't have an NBA body.
    J-Max: You said he was a failure, I say he's been a solid role player. (I hated the pick, btw).
    Stuck and AA: Jury is still out, but pretty good for mid to late first round picks.

The point is, there is zero excitement about this years draft. Maybe history will indicate that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

That dude didn't think much of Jonas.

And Mo:

I was against the Prince pick. I wanted Frank Williams or Dickau because we had Cleaves and Chucky at PG.

I will always believe (and said so at the time) that Maxiell was a failed pick, because David Lee kicks ass. And he kicked ass back then. Was great at the Chicago camp.

It's the same thing with Darko v Bosh. Forget all this Melo/Wade stuff. We went big because there was so much talent in all of them.

Someone needs to explain to me how the entire staff missed that Darko was a whiny bum while Bosh wasn't. I can understand them taking a big - it makes perfect sense.

But to miss on a guy like Bosh and get the failure that is Darko stings

I admit I wanted Frank Williams too. Glad they didn't do that.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread