+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonas Jerebko...if its that hard to say his name how will anybody defend him?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Someone needs to tell Langlois about the Big Blue Oval that owns Volvo Cars.
    <groan>

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Someone needs to tell Langlois about the Big Blue Oval that owns Volvo Cars.
    <groan>
    Volvo is in the process of being sold or was already sold, no?
    _

Rumors of Volvo's sale have heated and cooled. Saab, the other big Swedish auto company, had been part of GM until last month or so.

If Jonas gets a gig as a backup C, maybe he can get a max deal and buy Volvo out.

Blog Entries
    Jonas Jerebko happy to be a Piston
    BY GEORGE SIPPLE • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • July 16, 2009

Don’t expect Jonas Jerebko to go on a spending spree with money he makes as a rookie with the Pistons.

Jerebko, a 6-foot-10 forward from Sweden drafted in the second round, talked about coming to Detroit and what he plans to do with his first NBA contract in a chat with Interbasket.net.

“I will not start buying crazy stuff,” Jerebko said. “I will keep living my life and having a good time just like I am doing right now. Other than basketball, I like to hang out with friends and family, watching movies, Internet and just (enjoying) myself.”

Jerebko, whose boyhood idol was Reggie Miller, compared himself to Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince and Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko.

And his best strength?

“My intensity on the court, and that I am a team player,” Jerebko said.
    What the fuck is a George Sipple?
    Find a new slant.

What was supposed to be in the place of (enjoying) when he was talking?
    _

Blog Entries
    Fondling?
    Find a new slant.

i enjoyed myself while reading this thread. twice

Hopefully, some Euro-team won't pay him more than the Pistons to stay overseas.

I'm really thinking we should let him stay overseas another year. The Italian team he played for gave him the starting spot, a ton of minute, and let him play through his mistakes and learn. I'd have no problem with him getting another season of that.

January '09 DE Progress Report, just some of the notable comments on it. It's a long article so I won't post it all.
    Jerebko’s body is looking better and better, as it’s clear that the work he’s put in with Biella’s physical trainers is reaping huge benefits
    few teams in European basketball would have the patience or foresight to allow Jerebko the opportunity to play through his mistakes the way the coaching staff at Biella has (in a starting role no less) from the moment he arrived, and it’s starting to reap huge dividends
    does a little bit of everything for Biella, be it running the floor in their extremely up-tempo offense, crashing the offensive glass, rotating defensively, or doing a terrific job in the passing lanes
    Looking very comfortable guarding perimeter players ... extremely competitive on top of that, doing a terrific job switching on screens and being extremely difficult to shoot over, as he’s very fundamentally sound
    As his frame continues to fill out, he will only become a better defender
    athleticism makes him an explosive finisher around the basket
    good feel for the game and is nowhere near a finished product at this point, still capable of adding plenty of polish as well as continuing to get stronger
    comfortable buyout situation (he has just one more year on his contract with Biella after this season)
    That last part seems pretty important. He only has 1 more year on his contract in Europe. If he's still got a ton of development to do and their training staff has been doing great things for his strength/build, let him play out that last year. They're going to give him all the time he needs, and that would be much better for him than sitting on our bench. With Summers and Daye, we wouldn't be able to give him a ton of time in practice which is the only place he'd be developing.

NBA.com listed him as the best defender of the SF prospects. They had Daye as the Best Skill Level.
    Best Defender: Jonas Jerebko

Other than Austin Daye, Jonas Jerebko is the biggest small forward in this group --he's reportedly been measured by teams at 6-foot-10 in shoes. Unlike Daye, though, Jerebko actually has some meat on his bones, and most importantly, is not afraid to use it. Jerebko has been playing the small forward position exclusively for the last two years in one of the highest levels of competition found outside the NBA -- the Italian first division. He's been responsible for shutting down some of the top scorers in that league, and has done an excellent job, particularly as the season moved on. Jerebko's size, length, athleticism and terrific motor allows him to absolutely smother opponents on the perimeter and emerge as quite a factor in the passing lanes and on the glass. He's the type of player who can defend multiple positions and is always around the ball, often wreaking havoc switching onto smaller players on the pick-and-roll. Jerebko has strong buzz these days and seems to be in the mix for quite a few teams drafting in the 25-35 range.
    _

+ Reply to Thread