+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonas Jerebko...if its that hard to say his name how will anybody defend him?

Jonas Jerebko...if its that hard to say his name how will anybody defend him?

I've heard about this kid before. Supposedly an AK47 clone that is raw offensively but has all the defensive tools and is an athletic freak at the 3/4.

The more I read about him, the more I wonder if Joe won't try to bring him over THIS year. I suppose it depends how good he looks in summer league.

Joe said all might be here this year. Who knows what kind of depth we'll have after FA/trades? Joe said (entering the draft) that he expects his draft picks to get PT this year.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The spin cycle begins... sounds like three of them could be on the roster

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/truebluepistons.html

Blog Entries

If you’d have told Joe Dumars and his staff before Thursday’s draft that they’d come to pick 35 with their choice of DaJuan Summers and Jonas Jerebko, they’d have been floored – and ecstatic. If you’d have told them they’d come away with both players, obtained at picks 35 and 39 – on top of getting Austin Daye at 15 – well, put it this way: Step One of the summer of major reconstruction could not have gone any better for them.

They went into Thursday night convinced both Summers and Jerebko – pronounced “YO-nus Yer-EB-ko” – would be off the board before the second round began.
    LOL
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    So if George David scouted Jerebko, what exactly does Tony Ronzone do these days?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury
    The spin cycle begins... sounds like three of them could be on the roster

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/truebluepistons.html

Again.....both Jerebko and Summers are both NBA-ready players. That isn't spin.

Of course, it speaks to the fact they will probably both get more minutes than Daye next season.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I thought Ronzone was backfilling Hammond, more or less.

jerebko was a guy i was calling for in the 2nd and i'm thrilled we got him. he could be a guy similar to the turk. and i just finished saying he looked taller than the 6-8 he is listed at, and i read this:

Pistons VP Scott Perry said when Jerebko worked out for the Pistons, he measured in at slightly better than 6-foot-10 and his athleticism stood out.

he looks really long and like he has a good wingspan. very excited about this kid.

Wow, slightly over 6'10" is a nice jump from 6'8". That's like going from a little taller than Kobe to Odom.
    _

Blog Entries
    Hannes (Stockholm, Sweden): What do you think about Jonas Jerebko playing center in Summer League? According to Darrell Walker, he is more of a power forward or center than a small forward, which I think is ridiculous. Not even in Italy did he play center. If the Pistons give Jonas a contract, they will gain a whole country of fans since they would make him the first Swedish player in the NBA.

Langloistat: It’s a pretty good bet that they’re going to keep him in Detroit, Hannes. That’s the plan, at least. I’m not sure Joe Dumars and his staff share Walker’s feelings that Jerebko is more of a four or five than a three, but the real reason he was playing him at center was to give all three of their draft choices playing time and Jerebko was best suited to the task. As for gaining Sweden as a rooting partner, great. With all the Swedish influence on the Red Wings, maybe Michigan and Sweden can strike partnerships on many levels. How about you start with buying our cars?
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread