+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin Daye...if you give a shit

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Austin Daye (video) SF 6'10 190 Gonzaga
    Analysis: A sign of how weak this draft is -- and how far the respect for Gonzaga has come. Daye was drafted one spot higher than former Zag John Stockton was in 1984. The second sign? Daye is 6-11 but weighs just 190 pounds. And he was almost a lottery pick. The second son of a former Boston Celtic (Darren Daye) along with Gerald Henderson Jr. (Gerald Henderson Sr.). -- Dan Wetzel
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/draft;_y...dP9On5CLW8vLYF

ok i'm starting to warm to this. he's a real shooter with good elevation and a high release. some of our current shooters look like they're struggling to draw the rim on their line drive jumpers. it would be nice to have a guy who could shoot for a change......

To be fair, I;m not saying we can go anywhere with just shooters. LA had Gasol, Denver had Nene, Orlando had Howard, Cleveland had LeBron, etc. But right now we have NEITHER inside nor outside.

just wish we could fast forward 3 years when hopefully he's gotten stronger and put on about 25 lbs. he'll never be a big strong guy. but he at least needs some strength to stand up to the rigors of a long nba season.

hopefully arnie can work some magic with him as far as strength and conditioning go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    To be fair, I;m not saying we can go anywhere with just shooters. LA had Gasol, Denver had Nene, Orlando had Howard, Cleveland had LeBron, etc. But right now we have NEITHER inside nor outside.
    We have a backup for Tay!
    Players meeting my ASS!

I strongly doubt Tay is sticking around.

Daye is mr. outside. He can be that rashard Lewis type sniper that kills teams from the arc and allows everyone else more freedom to roam.

My issues is that he can't be that player right now, or probably next season. He's a future pick.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Tay had the same bum rap, and he's defied the belief that he had to be severely heavier. I think we fucked the careers of darko and amir asking them to put on more weight. Amir was as big a leaper anymore and darko didn't have the agility anymore. Leave him as is and take whatever natural weight gain he gets.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I strongly doubt Tay is sticking around.
    down the road or right now? because i disagree with the notion of this guy putting Tay any sooner than 3 years if that. He's not a starter in this league and we'd be foolish to ask him to be too fast.
    ^

My issues is that he can't be that player right now, or probably next season. He's a future pick.
    His full potential is in the future but, i think he's an immediate help off the bench.
    ^

Oh, I think we might actually get a SF later in the draft or via trade that's more NBA-ready.

Daye isnt starting anytime soon regardless, but I still don't think tayshaun is a pistons next season.

+ Reply to Thread